cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive any texts

Speedyskater
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched over to public mobile, put in the new SIM card and all. My data works. But I am not able to receive texts from a non Apple phone, I took out my SIM this morning to see if it would reset and nothing has worked, did I miss a step? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Speedyskater wrote:

I just switched over to public mobile, put in the new SIM card and all. My data works. But I am not able to receive texts from a non Apple phone, I took out my SIM this morning to see if it would reset and nothing has worked, did I miss a step? 

Thanks

If you are using iPhone, your iMessage settings on your iPhone is not configured correctly.

Settings > Messages > and then make sure that SMS, MMS, iMessage, and Group messaging are turned on.

https://www.imobie.com/support/iphone-not-receiving-texts-from-android.htm

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a problem similar to this.  I could call out, but could not receive calls or texts.  My data didn't work as well so I contacted a moderator who was extremely helpful.  To get the data working, I had to return my iPhone to factory settings.  We determined the data problem was caused by an app.  I'm still working out which one.  All this took a little time, but now everything works really well and I'm glad I persevered.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe worth trying these steps if you rule out a bad port? https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204065

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Speedyskater wrote:

Thanks

@Speedyskater You just need to wait for the port to complete in order to receive texts and calls. Ports normally take up to 4 hours to complete but can take more than 24 hours as reported by other customers.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Speedyskater wrote:

Thanks

Did you prot over a number?  If so it sounds like you are experiencing a stuck port, and will need the assistance of the Moderators.  You are probably getting the iPhone texts through iMessage and not just regular SMS.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.