cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open a 2nd account

Diana2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm trying to move to Public Mobile and having issues. I have three accounts that I would be paying for. I understand that they have to be three separate accounts with individual email addresses. I have been able to open one account and pay for a SIM, however, after logging out and trying to create another account with a separate email, I'm running into problems. It won't allow me to create a separate account. I'd like to send for all three SIMS today. Is there anyone who can help?

10 REPLIES 10

Other local kiosks to try for free SIM : London Drug and Loblaws

Yes, keep that as an extra or give it to your friends later (you will start referring your friend to earn Friend referral reward, right?  🙂  )

Diana2

Thanks everyone, for your help. I'll make this a lot easier on myself and switch to Public Mobile at Walmart this week. I'll use the one I ordered as a spare. 

Cheers! 

@Diana2 wrote:

Crap, I was already able to order one of them, but I'd sooner do this at Walmart. I know they will set them up for you, but can I still use referral if I have them set it up for me?

Yes, the Walmart rep can enter the referral code when they activate your SIM card.  Sometimes the Walmart rep will give you the SIM card for free.  YMMV.  

Once you get your 1st account activated, you should be able to get your own friend referral code and use for your 2nd account activation.  Or you could use your sister's again.  

You could always use the "spare" SIM card for a future friend referral, etc. 

Diana2

Crap, I was already able to order one of them, but I'd sooner do this at Walmart. I know they will set them up for you, but can I still use referral if I have them set it up for me?

@Diana2 wrote:

I'm trying to purchase the SIM cards. I thought I would have to have each account open to purchase. I'm not getting an error message so much as that when I try to create an account, it prompts me to enter the 10 digit phone number associated with Public Mobile and I don't have that yet. So maybe I'm doing this wrong, first order the SIM cards and when I have them, create the individual accounts and port phone numbers?

@Diana2 

You need to have the SIM card in your possession before you activate a new account.  You can order all 3 SIM cards all at once.  If you signed up already and ordered one SIM card, you can sign up to the same account and order the other two SIM cards.  As mentioned above, the wait times are a bit long due to Covid.  At least 1-2 weeks depending on where you live.  

@Diana2  DON'T buy SIM from PM online.. it takes too long!!!!   3 or 4 weeks for delivery.

You might want to check local kiosk like Warlmart, they might give you the SIM for free if you activate with them.

Or if you have Prime membership, Amazon has it for $5 and will ship within 2 days

Diana2

Thanks you for the reminder. My sister recommended Public Mobile and I should get a referral from her.

Diana2

I'm trying to purchase the SIM cards. I thought I would have to have each account open to purchase. I'm not getting an error message so much as that when I try to create an account, it prompts me to enter the 10 digit phone number associated with Public Mobile and I don't have that yet. So maybe I'm doing this wrong, first order the SIM cards and when I have them, create the individual accounts and port phone numbers?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Diana2 

Are you trying to purchase the SIM cards on the Public mobile website?  Or are you activating the SIM cards?  

IF you already have the 3 SIM cards and already activated the first SIM card (created a self service account), you should be able to activate another SIM right away.  What error message are you getting?  Try to clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Diana2  Make sure you use the Friend Referral code from your first account to setup the other 2 accounts

For your issue, unable to create a 2nd account.  It might be a browser issue.  You can try to use a different one (MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox) or use Incognito mode if you just have one browser installed.  Or you can also clear cache and try.

Let us know how it goes

Need Help? Let's chat.