cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make/receive call even when my plan is shown as $25.

sanjna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am Not able to make or receive call even when my plan is shown as $25. 

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
36 REPLIES 36

@sanjna, I hope your payment card was either never set up, or you removed it prior to porting out.  You may still need to check with the Moderator Team about ensuring your card is no longer attached.  Although the account being cancelled should already do this, some subscribers have reported otherwise.

Sorry, it didn't work out for you here.

sanjna

thanks for responding. Really appreciate it.

I ported to another service provider, as I was facing lot of issues from past with public mobile and this  issue was heights, which I was not able to take. 

I had tried all the options you mentioned but nothing worked. 

sanjna

I ported to another service provider, as I was facing lot of issues from past with public mobile and this  issue was heights, which I was not able to take. 

Along with actual plan of $25 I paid an extra top up of $15 for at least getting the option to make calls that also didn’t work. Altogether $40 I lost in this.

sanjna

sanjna

I already tried all the options you mentioned and nothing worked. Finally I ported to other service provider, as I was not in a situation to wait for days to get this issue resolved. Thanks for taking time to respond to my query. Really appreciate it.

sanjna

I already tried all the options you mentioned and nothing worked. Finally I ported to other service provider, as I was not in a situation to wait for days to get this issue resolved. Thanks for taking time to respond to my query. Really appreciate it.

@sanjna, when did you change your plan?  If it was for the most recent cycle, it is possible that the provisioning of your plan didn't go properly.

If you haven't already, please send a message to the Moderator_Team via the envelope icon in the upper-right corner of every community page, describing your specific issue.

In the meantime, the lock/stolen trick does need about 5 minutes (sometimes) to take effect, so trying it again is still a valid option.  So is turning the phone off, then back on, after leaving it off for a few minutes.

For those suggesting this is a porting issue, it is not - this user is a multicycle member already from 2018.

ClaudeR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, many carriers do it a lot quicker, but some.......

Public Mobile immediately asks for the transfer; but after, it's up to the former carrier to react.

loi_do
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if you are transferring a number from another carrier, it will take maximum 48 hours, says Public Mobile. 

@geopublicYou might want to learn more about how cell phone towers works, it cascades and is not point to point.. so results will not be immediate. It takes time, the problem I see with a lot of users is they are too quick to assume instructions didn't go through, but yet the instruction is still in transit.

@GinYVR wrote:

@geopublicI should clarify.. Lost and Found trick should be a at least half an hour operation. Where each step the phone has to be powered off.. wait for about 10 - 15 minutes depending on where you live, then on for the phone's to receive new instructions from the tower so another wait of 10 - 15 minutes. Just throwing Lost / Found switch won't achieve anything.

@GinYVR Stop making things up.

Dhara

Reboot your phone. Keep your phone shut down for 1 hour or so

@geopublicI should clarify.. Lost and Found trick should be a at least half an hour operation. Where each step the phone has to be powered off.. wait for about 10 - 15 minutes depending on where you live, then on for the phone's to receive new instructions from the tower so another wait of 10 - 15 minutes. Just throwing Lost / Found switch won't achieve anything.

@GinYVR wrote:

@sanjnaAt this stage you are running out of options.. I would suggest doing the Lost / found trick as it will reset your plan on Public Mobile's end and resend instructions to the towers and to your phone.. Hopefully it will fix the issue. Other than that.. Contact the Moderators seems to be the logical conclusion but expect a 48 hours wait.

@GinYVR  The OP @sanjna  has already stated that he tried the lost/stolen reset option and that it didn't work.

@sanjnaAt this stage you are running out of options.. I would suggest doing the Lost / found trick as it will reset your plan on Public Mobile's end and resend instructions to the towers and to your phone.. Hopefully it will fix the issue. Other than that.. Contact the Moderators seems to be the logical conclusion but expect a 48 hours wait.

sanjna

It is in normal mode. I checked.

sanjna

It is saying you dont have an active long distance add on .

@sanjna wrote:

I am using iPhone 6. I have already tried removing the sim from the slot and restarting the device. It didn't help.   😞

OK...so cycle Airplane Mode on / off.

sanjna

It is saying you dont have an active long distance add on .

sanjna

I am using iPhone 6. I have already tried removing the sim from the slot and restarting the device. It didn't help.   😞

@sanjna wrote:

While call 611, it is saying my plan is valid till 22nd July 2019. But when I am going for further option, I am getting the usage regarding my data only. Not about the talk time. I am not sure whether the talk time is mentioned usually ..

@sanjna Ok, what happens when you dial a local number?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What kind of phone are you using ? Have you tried cycling off/on ? You can remove sim card, then reinstall and see if this helps. Make sure you haven't accidentally triggered the Airplane Mode on the phone.

sanjna

I tried the option of Lost/ stolen phone , but unfortunately that also didn't work 😞

sanjna

While call 611, it is saying my plan is valid till 22nd July 2019. But when I am going for further option, I am getting the usage regarding my data only. Not about the talk time. I am not sure whether the talk time is mentioned usually ..

@sanjna wrote:

I have faced many issues with public mobile with activation. So I don't want to go with the option of lost/stolen phone. But yeah I have send message to the moderator. Hope I will get the reponse. Fingures crossed

@sanjna Understood. What happens when you dial 611? Is everything normal or is it reporting your account suspended?

sanjna

I have faced many issues with public mobile with activation. So I don't want to go with the option of lost/stolen phone. But yeah I have send message to the moderator. Hope I will get the reponse. Fingures crossed

@sanjna wrote:

Yes, my phone is unlocked. I am a public mobile user from 2018. I registered to community today as I hit this issue.

Ok can you try this...Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

Does your account shows as ACTIVE?

sanjna

Yes, my phone is unlocked. I am a public mobile user from 2018. I registered to community today as I hit this issue.

sanjna

I am a user from 2018. Registered to the community just today as I got into this issue.

@sanjna Try using your account to report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone. If it's still not working you will need to contact the moderators you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.