cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make local calls. It says I dont have active long distance add-on???

richyf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since last 2 days I am not able to make any local calls. Whenever I try to call I get voice msg saying "I do not have active long distance add-on". What does this mean and how to resolve this problem?

13 REPLIES 13

richyf

Thank you for explaination. It does help. I will move to $25 plan. And how can I help on the community to get it down to $0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear. That's a whole lotta time. The OP first said something on this last Tuesday. He was suggested to send a PM. On Wednesday he said he had. Now this post from a mod inviting him to send them a PM.

My goodness. No wonder people get frustrated.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello richyf,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For further assistance, please send us a private message.

Regards

Abdoulaye

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@richyf wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I am new to Canada and country which I come from has free incoming calls regardless of plan and very very cheap LTE data on 4G!!!

Canada and Germany are the two worst countries in the world for cost of mobile service.  They're also the two countries in the western world where cell service is strictly regulated by the government, go figure. 🙂

Welcome to Canada, hope you're enjoying your stay! 🙂 To fulfill the Canadian stereotype: sorry about our expensive mobile phone services! 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

@richyf wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I am new to Canada and country which I come from has free incoming calls regardless of plan and very very cheap LTE data on 4G!!!

Regardless of where you're from, y'gotta read the offering. You can't just assume that things are the same wherever you go.

It's generally understood by us unfortunate Canadians (in this situation) that we pay far more for cell service than many other places.

@richyf wrote:

Here in Canada, $10 plan ($8 with autopay) ($3 after 5 year loyalty) is a top deal. Having a plan with even less is a good option to those who are looking to have the least as possible.

You may want to consider switching to a plan that suits your needs. The $10 plan is designed to be used rarely, emergency only, back up phone. Etc.

They do have a unlimited talk for $20 ($18 after auto pay $13 after loyalty) , or unlimited talk and text for $25 ($23 after autopay, $18 after loyalty) and if you help on the community you could get it down to $0

richyf

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dandes wrote:

Yes it does count. @richyf

@richyf where did you get the impression incoming calls were unlimited?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans/10for50talk50text:

10planmins.png

It says nothing about incoming or outgoing calls being treated differently.  Incoming texts yes, but not calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dandes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes it does count. @richyf

richyf

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I did messaged the moderator but no reply as yet. I am on $10 plan 50 minutes talk time and I have only used 8 minutes this month for making outgoing calls. Does incoming calls also count in those 50 mts plan?

@richyf, if you are on the $10 50 minute/50 text could you have used up all your minutes?  If you are on an unlimited calling plan and it has just stopped you will need to contact the moderators.  To clarify one thing that @Dandes, mentioned is that you must have a calling feature in you base plan for and calling add-on to work.  Now how to contact moderators

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number 
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called numbers
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dandes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Depending on the plan you took it might have an affect on your calling, as far as I know of if you don’t have any calling plans/ addons you cannot call at all either local and international. If there is anything I can help you out, but just so you know I am not a PublicMobile employe but I am still willing to help you out!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@richyf wrote:

Since last 2 days I am not able to make any local calls. Whenever I try to call I get voice msg saying "I do not have active long distance add-on". What does this mean and how to resolve this problem?

What plan are you on?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.