cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to activate - getting a 'Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time....' error

kar4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the past 5 hours, I've been trying to activate my new SIM (I'm a new Public Mobile user). I'm using Chrome and have tried incognito mode as well. At first, I thought it was because I was trying to port my number at the same time (it's a port from a corporate account, so thought that could be throwing up an error, even though it let me get past those screens).

Only at the payment end, will I consistently get the error: "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I have tried two credit cards, both perfectly active. I have verified the address info as well as cc info several times over (I know them by heart regardless!). They're both active cards in good standing, yet I'm getting this error.

I've even tried over a different wifi network (home vs work) but to no help. I'm trying very hard to activate my SIM, but I have no idea how to get over this hurdle.

Ideas? How can I flag this up to a moderator for some additional help and troubleshooting?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

mwalimugrafe

Thanks @Anonymous.  I took out the suite # and fixed the Postal COde and the payement was accepted!  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kar4Do note of the inherent risk you are taking if you transmit your credit card information over the messaging service on Lithium.

While waiting for moderator assistance... has your cc been charged yet ? Can you get a payment voucher at the Tire or 7-11 to get you started (as suggested by @Luddite ), then deal with cc issue later.

kar4

I have tried all of these suggestions - and I thank you for all of them! I'm at a point where I'm going to have to contact the moderator. I've tried Chrome, Edge, Incognito on Chrome, rebooting, work wifi, home wifi, phone hotspot... NOTHING WORKS. Ensured no spaces in the postal code, ensured everything matches... SIGH. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kar4  Or give up on the credit card for now and activate with a voucher online from recharge.com or ding.com. Some stores/kiosks offer vouchers BUT there have been reports of some taking a day or two after acquisition to function. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

I will echo that its far safer to activate with a temporary number and port-in your Telus number from your self serve account once everything is working. 

PM is a bit (Robot LOL) quirky but great value once you get aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kar4 wrote:

For the past 5 hours, I've been trying to activate my new SIM (I'm a new Public Mobile user). I'm using Chrome and have tried incognito mode as well. At first, I thought it was because I was trying to port my number at the same time (it's a port from a corporate account, so thought that could be throwing up an error, even though it let me get past those screens).

@kar4  Make sure you have Javascript and cookies enabled. Best to pick a temp PM number and setup the port after the activation is complete and you selfserve account has been setup.

Only at the payment end, will I consistently get the error: "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

Yeah, that message is total BS the problem is not the credit card it's PM's cc processing system.

I have tried two credit cards, both perfectly active. I have verified the address info as well as cc info several times over (I know them by heart regardless!). They're both active cards in good standing, yet I'm getting this error.

I've even tried over a different wifi network (home vs work) but to no help. I'm trying very hard to activate my SIM, but I have no idea how to get over this hurdle.

Ideas? How can I flag this up to a moderator for some additional help and troubleshooting?

Check yoru credit card to see if you were charged. Insert the PM sim in your phone to check if you can connect to the network. If yes, then click here to register for your selfserve account. If no, and it's not working then you need to contact the moderator. Mark the subject line with ** Urgent: Unable to activate account ** and include all details including, sim number, email account. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Thanks!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kar4 hi the system can be finicky at times probably nothing on your end reboot your computor and delete your cache try again in an hour also if you entered your cc info sometime it activates anyways so try your sim see if you have service goodluck

Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment card address entry has to match the billing address. Don't use the apt# field. No space in postal code or drop last digit.

But with many attempts, the account may be locked to prevent fraud.

I'm not sure if you can wait an hour or you can only contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

could try a different browser like edge if all other suggestions fail. The public mobile self serve site has notorious issues with certain browsers and configurations.

Need Help? Let's chat.