cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a user and yet got billed

Raad11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not a user but yet got charged by Public Mobile on several occassions. I need to know whose account is charging me because based on this, I may have to file a police complaint. I've already cancelled my card to avoid futher charges. Please take this matter ugently and reach out to me for further details of when I was being billed and how much the amounts are.

8 REPLIES 8

Nenapop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would contact the moderators and also your bank, see if they can refund you the money that was charged to your account 

@Raad11 wrote:

I'm not a user but yet got charged by Public Mobile on several occassions. I need to know whose account is charging me because based on this, I may have to file a police complaint. I've already cancelled my card to avoid futher charges. Please take this matter ugently and reach out to me for further details of when I was being billed and how much the amounts are.

As will13am was saying, Public Mobile cannot give you someone else's information.  If they are using your card in this manner, the information provided to Public Mobile is likely fake.  Fortunately credit card issuers do provide some protection from these type of unauthorized transactions.  Once you dispute the charges, the Public Mobile account that is using your credit card will likely be suspended.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should contact the police for fraud.  Sounds like your credit card information and personal information has been comprised.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Raad11 wrote:

Since you have no business here, I would use the chargeback function with the credit card. You did the right thing canceling the card. Whoever used your card here will now not have a successful renewal. And they can't complain! So they'll just have to change to another stolen card. B@$t@rd$.

B@$t@rd$: "Honey my phone just stopped working, ...and by the way our trip to Europe just got cancelled"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raad11 wrote:

Since you have no business here, I would use the chargeback function with the credit card. You did the right thing canceling the card. Whoever used your card here will now not have a successful renewal. And they can't complain! So they'll just have to change to another stolen card. B@$t@rd$.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd reach out to a Moderator, I'm sure there's an easy fix to this with the right person responding....

Good luck!

@Raad11 wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Raad11, I would suggest working with your credit card provider.  The problem with contacting Public Mobile is that they cannot validate the fraud.  This is a prepaid service and they don't control the use of credit cards in a customer's account.  Actually even if they did, there is nothing preventing a customer from using any active credit card. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Raad11 wrote:

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.