cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered On Network?

cfok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My SIM card worked before I ported my number. Now my Samsung Galaxy S5 is showing "NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK" when I tries to make a call. I can comfirm my account is Active.

What can I do? I am trying to:

1) Reset Network Setting in Setting

2) Select Networks operators in Setting

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

awassens

I had the not registered on network error on my S8+ and tried all of the tricks I could find on the form.  The lost phone trick, re-setting network settings, re-starting the phone, re-inserting the SIM, etc.  On my PM account pages it indicated everything had been set up.  I phoned my old provider and they confirmed that my number had been ported out.  Being totally frustrated, I decided to see what would happen if I changed my SIM card on the PM website, re-entering the same SIM number.  That worked!  Having now switched over 4 phones to PM, my experience is that the web-site does not always work very well.  With phone #1 it kept repeatedly hanging up at the account creation stage.  With phone #2 I got repeatedly hung up at the payment stage, and then was locked out of the SIM for a while because of too many attempts.  In both cases I re-tried after a few hours and the website worked fine.  With phone #4 it appears the SIM card did not register properly.  REALLY FRUSTRATING, but at least I should be saving a lot of money from now on.  The moral of the story is, if it doesn't work the first time on the PM website, leave it for a few hours or a day, and then try again.  That seems to be the secret.

missjennytran

Anyway, I figured it out.  I had a setting that turns off my phone data once I reached a certain limit, so I just had to disable that.  

Please tag me next time, I see that the last post only had my username.  

@missjennytran wrote:

@CS_Agent 

Having a similar issue, have been on public mobile for some time now everything works well.  All of a sudden the network is not connecting.  I did recently switch out the SIM while on travel and switched it back.  I checked and recreated the APN, and manually selected the network operator.

Wifi works fine, no issues with the phone.  It's showing a X where it normally says 4G or LTE.  Please help.

Missjennytran as well as any other customers experience something like this: APN settings have nothing to do with connecting to the network itself.  In fact, when you are not able to connect to the network, you would not even be able to test to see if the settings are correct or not. 

missjennytran

@CS_Agent 

Having a similar issue, have been on public mobile for some time now everything works well.  All of a sudden the network is not connecting.  I did recently switch out the SIM while on travel and switched it back.  I checked and recreated the APN, and manually selected the network operator.

Wifi works fine, no issues with the phone.  It's showing a X where it normally says 4G or LTE.  Please help.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sounds like something went wrong during the porting process. You will need a mod to help sort out your issues!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Assuming you just ported, did you receive a confirmation txt saying port complete? If not, it can take up to 24hr. I would first wait that time to let the system work. Data work? txt msg?

Is your phone unlocked? if not you will not be able to use any other carrier unless you unlock your phone. you would have to find someone to unlock it (usualy for a fee). 

IF port over 24hr and phone unlocked you will need to contact the mod as Will suggested. 

-- provide us with more info so we can help isolate the issue and troubleshoot because your op is vauge. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cfok, let me get this straight, you had an account set up presumably with the Public Mobile supplied number with the service fully functional.  Upon porting over a number, the account appears to have stopped working.  If that is the case, then the porting process may have resulted in some sort of problem with the account.  Please send a private message to a moderator and have them investigate the problem.  If you are unsure how to private message a moderator, please check out the link below. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

In the mean time, I suggest you select auto for network operators.  Also check your APN settings.  Refer to the following link.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
When did u ported if u just ported give 30 mins also the number u ported was active when u u ported Cuz it has to be active also try goto setting then network and select lte GSM CDMA auto If available and do a search let see what does it do also restart the phone
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.