cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 3 looses network access

ehb007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a brand new nokia 3 TA-1028 that was working fine untill I installed a system update about 2 days ago. Now it keeps loosing the ability to conect with Public mobile network. I'm not able to make phone calls, recieve texts or use my mobile data. I did a factory reset and that fixxed the problem until I powered off the phone and it lost conection again. Once again I did a factory reset and I'm back on the network but I dont want to have to do that every time I power down my phone or restart it. Any help would be great. If I cannot find a solution I guess I'll have to switch cell providers. 

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ehb007 wrote:

No other phones that use the same sim card. 

If you have the original parts then the SIM can be 3 different sizes. You might be able to get parts from a repair store. They snap together (carefully).

@ehb007 

As stated before, the Nokia phone update likely caused issues.  Public mobile is likely not at fault here.  Nokia did something with their update.  Maybe contact Nokia?

Not sure whether a PM moderator can help in your situation, but you can try to contact.  Expect 1-2 day wait.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ehb007

No other phones that use the same sim card. 

ehb007

Canada. London Drugs

ehb007

My sim card holder has only room for one sim card. I now have to do a factory reset again becuse I took out the sim card to look.

@ehb007 

Another Nokia user yesterday had the same problem when the phone was updated.  The community forum members tried to help, but the phone still was not working.  Likely the update caused some incompatibility with PM.  

Can you put your PM SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is hardware issue versus PM service problem?  I wonder if you can restore IOS to previous edition...

Here is thread of other Nokia user:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-service/m-p/382200

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@ehb007 wrote:

I have a brand new nokia 3 TA-1028 that was working fine untill I installed a system update about 2 days ago. Now it keeps loosing the ability to conect with Public mobile network. I'm not able to make phone calls, recieve texts or use my mobile data. I did a factory reset and that fixxed the problem until I powered off the phone and it lost conection again. Once again I did a factory reset and I'm back on the network but I dont want to have to do that every time I power down my phone or restart it. Any help would be great. If I cannot find a solution I guess I'll have to switch cell providers. 

Go to network setting, make sure PM is default networking, hopefully will work.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ehb007 the specifications of this phone seems to be ok...

NETWORK

TechnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
SpeedHSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps

Did you try to use the second sim slot in your phone?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ehb007 wrote:

Did you buy it in Canada or Usa?

Need Help? Let's chat.