cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 225 4G

MutePhone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got this phone, Nokia 225 4G, and set it up on Public Mobile this week, but haven't been able to get a data connection.  I've been through the access point settings, and it should have the right bands, but so far nothing.

21 REPLIES 21

dthisner

With this one I got internet to work: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Help-setting-up-MMS-and-Data-on-Nokia-331... 

I don't think my MMS works, haven't checked 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MutePhone : I don't know if you're still trying things another day later but can you send the screenshots via private message? If by software updates you mean you can't browse the internet but you _can_ send/receive MMS then you are indeed half way there. Send any screenshots to me if you like.

@MutePhone wrote:

Well, it's been deleted 5 times.  It doesn't matter what I tried.  No pics, no links, no web addresses.

But I've partly solved the problem.  There were instructions elsewhere here for the 3310 3g.  I following those and made TWO access points with the same name and configured slightly differently.  One of them isn't selected but for some reason just being there I can now send picture messages.

Still can't connect for software updates though.  It says no connection.

@MutePhone   Glad you have the data working.

I am not sure if the software update issue is to do with the APN.  Can you do it on Wifi (afterall, you should do it on Wifi as software update usually is huge, you don't want to use up your data)

If you still can't do it on wifi, it will be a Nokia question.  You might try to open a support ticket with them or check if there is a Nokia forum to seek assistance

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MutePhone 

I stand correct as noted by @computergeek541
The Nokia 225 4G should work on 3G - 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and Band 2. On 4G/LTE, it should work on Band 12,13 and 17. 

MutePhone

Well, it's been deleted 5 times.  It doesn't matter what I tried.  No pics, no links, no web addresses.

But I've partly solved the problem.  There were instructions elsewhere here for the 3310 3g.  I following those and made TWO access points with the same name and configured slightly differently.  One of them isn't selected but for some reason just being there I can now send picture messages.

Still can't connect for software updates though.  It says no connection.

@MutePhone when you see it in the Unmoderated box, DO NOT edit from there.  No matter what you edit, it won't come back out  😞

Just reply the the thread again like usual and remove any links, email address or so

if you are trying to post screenshots, copy and paste the pictures, DO NOT refer to pictures in the dropbox or so (those with a URL), that might not work.

(I had the same issue when try to reply with Nokia link above , they even blocked me when I copy and paste the bands.  I ended up screenshot instead)

MutePhone

No good.  They keep deleting it.

This is stupid.

yes, maybe your post moved to the Unmoderated box .. they have some "intelligent" to move post they don't think that is appropriate to the unmoderated box

My Unmoderated Items - Community (publicmobile.ca)

are you posting the pic here? or directing to another link for the screenshot you want to post?  if a link to cloud or so, it might be why the blocked the message

@MutePhone wrote:

I replied in this thread with the settings I was using, but my post has disappeared.  What gives?

@MutePhone   Posts can disappear if edits are done too many times or too quickly.  I'm sure most of us posting here have had that happen on more than one occasion.  😊

@MutePhone wrote:

I replied in this thread with the settings I was using, but my post has disappeared.  What gives?

The website software doesn't like it when people edit messages or post links and thinks you're a robot advdertising from someone. Try again.

MutePhone

PM.. i was just trying to post the bands used by the phone.. why ban it? banned it twice.

3rd time.. posting pic..

softech_0-1624583911314.png

(testing only .. updated from unmoderated item.. like to see if Edit work)

. oh.. just notice they blocked my other post that show the band, too.. really can't tell why the site is blocking post

.. was trying to post the link but PM blocked my post

nokia   dot  com

/phones/en_us/nokia-225-4g/specs

@esjliv  @BKNS27 

The Nokia 225 and Nokia 225 4g are not the same model. There's been a recent trend by a resurrected Nokia brand to produce newer versions of older style phones compatible with today's network types.

There are variants of the Nokia 225 4g that are compatible with Public Mobile as they at least contain 3g on 850 and/or 1900MHZ.  The Nokia 225 4g is not a GSM 2g-only device.

The further evidence is provided by the fact that the OP only mentioned data not working. While it is possible that someone only uses data, most customers would most definitely speak up if phones calls or text message were not working.

@BKNS27 

this is from nokia site, i thought this would work...

Network bands (GSM):
(ROW) 850/900/1800; (India,China) 850/900/1800; (Americas) 850/900/1800/1900

Network bands (LTE):
(ROW) 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40; (India, China) 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 39, 40, 41; (Americas) 2,3,4,5,7,12,13 (w/o NS07),17,28

Network bands (WCDMA):
(ROW) 1,5,8; (Inida, China) 1,5,8; (Americas) 1,2,4,5,8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MutePhone 

Apparently, your Nokia 225 4G will not work with Telus/PM.

not sure which version the OP has:

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/nokia-225-4g/specs

Network bands (GSM):
(ROW) 850/900/1800; (India,China) 850/900/1800; (Americas) 850/900/1800/1900

Network bands (LTE):
(ROW) 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40; (India, China) 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 39, 40, 41; (Americas) 2,3,4,5,7,12,13 (w/o NS07),17,28

Network bands (WCDMA):
(ROW) 1,5,8; (Inida, China) 1,5,8; (Americas) 1,2,4,5,8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MutePhone wrote:

I got this phone, Nokia 225 4G, and set it up on Public Mobile this week, but haven't been able to get a data connection.  I've been through the access point settings, and it should have the right bands, but so far nothing.

Hello @MutePhone 

What bands does this phone have?

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

https://willmyphonework.net

esjliv_0-1624579895449.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

i found something for your phone visit HERE  maybe is will help you, and you need to put it the Changing APN Settings On device click HERE

or

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

only work after reseating the SIM card.

and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team, maybe the can help you...

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MutePhone  did you try 3G only and see how it goes?

or you try a network reset ?

Also, this phone has couple version, ROW, India&China,America, which one you got?

Need Help? Let's chat.