cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card

rGK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I receive a voicemail, and i click on it on the notification menu, i receive the following message: "No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card"

I checked under the setup / call / voicemail menu, and the "Service / my carrier" is faded (not choose-able). When I click the "setup" the "voicemail number" also faded, so not editable.

I tried from the keypad '1', but that is also empty.

So my question is: how can i teach to my sim card the PM voicemail number?

(This is an LG Stylo 3+ phone. Since I have an other PM account, i just tried to put it in the other PM sim card, and that time was everything ok. ... so it seems to me the the sim card must be edit somehow adding the voicemail number, but HOW? )

6 REPLIES 6

rGK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You gave me a good idea chuck_grady 

I put the sim card to my other phone (Samsung A8). However this phone was let me edit the voicemail number, but not saved it! 
At the same time i was run the Phone / setting / supplementary services / call forwarding, and restarted my phone. After this the VM number was stored in my sim card as the VM number. Putting back to the LG phone, still working 🙂

The funny thinks, that this VM was working back to many weeks. It seems to me that some process was running in the background recently updating some sim card info (??) what was not was completed in the LG phone? 

@dabr wrote:

So when you long press 1 on your phone dial pad you should be able to enter your phone number and then follow the prompts to set up your voicemail password and greeting.   Are you saying you are not able to do that?

According to SIMon chatbot if it's been less 2 hours since you ported then your old voicemail setings from your previous provider may still be programmed in the voicemail system.  So waiting for 2 hours is required.

If that isn't the case then you may need the assistance of moderators, click here to submit a ticket: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

I realize that you're getting this from SIMon, but an old provider's information can't be programmed into Public Mobile's voicemail system.  The only thing that could possibly happen would be that calls would go to the old carrier's voicemail, but that's only because all incoming phone calls are going there.  There is no 2 hour wait for a voicemail number to be sent by the network to the sim. That is supposed to be done immediately.

A Public Mobile voicemail retrieval number is supposed to be saved on the sim card. That doesn't have anything to do with porting, but rather with the network not pushing the number to the sim card correctly.  The moderators can get that done for the customer, but it might be easier just to program in the number yourself.

As for trying suggestion from trying the sim card in another phone, that might just do the trick, not because it's in a different phone, but because the phones are turned off and restarted/turned on.  Sometimes, the network doesn't push the updated setting until a phone is restarted.

Voicemail is (your area code) 580-4001

(For me it's 778-580-4001)

You can also access voicemail by dialing your own number from your phone or from any other, although you'll be prompted to enter your PIN before you can do anything other than leave a message. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rGK  Try disabling all the call forwarding options using the codes from this link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rGK wrote:

When I receive a voicemail, and i click on it on the notification menu, i receive the following message: "No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card"

I checked under the setup / call / voicemail menu, and the "Service / my carrier" is faded (not choose-able). When I click the "setup" the "voicemail number" also faded, so not editable.

I tried from the keypad '1', but that is also empty.

So my question is: how can i teach to my sim card the PM voicemail number?

(This is an LG Stylo 3+ phone. Since I have an other PM account, i just tried to put it in the other PM sim card, and that time was everything ok. ... so it seems to me the the sim card must be edit somehow adding the voicemail number, but HOW? )

So when you long press 1 on your phone dial pad you should be able to enter your phone number and then follow the prompts to set up your voicemail password and greeting.   Are you saying you are not able to do that?

According to SIMon chatbot if it's been less 2 hours since you ported then your old voicemail setings from your previous provider may still be programmed in the voicemail system.  So waiting for 2 hours is required.

If that isn't the case then you may need the assistance of moderators, click here to submit a ticket: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

What happens it you put the sim in the other phone? Can you change it then? Try restarting the good phone with the questionable sim  and see if it updates it?

Need Help? Let's chat.