cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail notification on iphone and old visual voicemail showed up

nydheart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, 

Recently ported over from lucky mobile today and prior to being with lucky mobile I was on a work plan through rogers.

When I was with rogers I had visual voicemail, when I switched to lucky that feature dissapeared. Now that I am with public the visual voicemails from when I was with rogers have shown up and none of my new voicemails are coming up under the voicemail notification centre. If call in to voicemail I can access them.

I have reset network settings but this hasn't resolved it. Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

lacrosse

Hello @nydheart ,

I know this thread is more than 3 years old, but if you’re still with PM could you let me know if you were able to find a solution to the visual voicemail issue? I have recently faced the same problem and neither Apple nor Public Mobile are helping!

it’s so frustrating and I feel let down by Public Mobile as I’ve read a few USA forums where similar issues were resolved by telecom companies and not Apple.

if this issue is not resolved, my only choice would be to port my number again to a company that supports Visual Voicemail.

thank you.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It seems like a factory reset is the only way to fix this issue. 

I can't seem to post links right now so please google the below phrases to pull up the two threads:

"public mobile td-p/348665" --> thread title is "Need help with iPhone voicemail indicator"

"public mobile td-p/430719" --> thread title is "iPHone Visual Voicemail"

Note: I replied a few times but my posts keep disappearing, hopefully this one stays... Robot Indifferent

fujiyama

fujiyama

fujiyama

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nydheart wrote:

Already viewed that thread and tried, I've played in my fair share of sandboxes thanks

That was my Apple snark for the day 🙂

@gblackma wrote:

@Nezgar please help @nydheart out with this voicemail question. Thanks.

@nydheart wrote:

So what are you proposing I do? The voicemail works I just have to dial it manually. I just want that it notifies me and I am able to access it by pushing the voicemail button on my iPhone. 

I'm also not an iPhone guy, but I came across this article previously that describes how to program the voicemail access number on iPhones:

https://support.roammobility.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001117583-How-to-program-your-voicemail-retrie...

Substitute one of the voicemail access numbers from this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

If that still doesn't work, maybe a Public Mobile mod can send a "reset" of the voicemail settings, this used to be something I could get Rogers to do before, usually when a voicemail notification icon was stuck thought... Or calling Apple support to see if they have an idea...

nydheart

Already viewed that thread and tried, I've played in my fair share of sandboxes thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nydheart wrote:

So what are you proposing I do? The voicemail works I just have to dial it manually. I just want that it notifies me and I am able to access it by pushing the voicemail button on my iPhone. 

I'm not an Apple guy so I used the site search bar and typed in iphone visual voicemail and found a solved thread. Welcome to the Apple sandbox.

@Nezgar please help @nydheart out with this voicemail question. Thanks.

@nydheart wrote:

nydheart

@nydheart wrote:

My previous provider was lucky mobile and there was no visual voicemail through them. The visual voicemail I see showing up now is from 2 providers ago when I was with Rogers. 

@nydheart Yes, if you at any point in the past  had VVM enabled and did not disabled it before switching providers then this symptom can appear at anytime when switching to another provider that does not support it. In your case that provider is PM.

You can use this list to see whattje correct local voicemail  number is to load on, If @geopublic is correct. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

@nydheart wrote:

It goes pops up as if it's trying to dial voicemail, then it goes to a screen and says error performing request error unknown error. If I hit dismiss it takes me back to the keypad as if it's trying to dial voicemail and then just stays in that screen and says calling but nothing dials goes through. 

@nydheart Check your usage history via selserve to see what number is it trying to call maybe you might have to manually setup the correct call forwarding numbers.

nydheart

My previous provider was lucky mobile and there was no visual voicemail through them. The visual voicemail I see showing up now is from 2 providers ago when I was with Rogers. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nydheart  Most third tier providers do not support visual voicemail so unfortunately the only fix is to reset your iPhone.

It is recommended that when switching providers always disable VVM with your current provider before porting out.

nydheart

It goes pops up as if it's trying to dial voicemail, then it goes to a screen and says error performing request error unknown error. If I hit dismiss it takes me back to the keypad as if it's trying to dial voicemail and then just stays in that screen and says calling but nothing dials goes through. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nydheart 

Here is another thread about apple's voicemail issue.  Might be relevant to your situation:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/iPHone-Visual-Voicemail/m-p/430719#M3...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nydheart if you press and hold 1? What happens? Thanks.

@nydheart wrote:

Hi All, 

Recently ported over from lucky mobile today and prior to being with lucky mobile I was on a work plan through rogers.

When I was with rogers I had visual voicemail, when I switched to lucky that feature dissapeared. Now that I am with public the visual voicemails from when I was with rogers have shown up and none of my new voicemails are coming up under the voicemail notification centre. If call in to voicemail I can access them.

I have reset network settings but this hasn't resolved it. Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.