cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support from moderator team

kotori91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wanted to move the number from koodo to pm.

Bought sim online, created an account, assigned the new number because as procedure there is no direct transfer from koodo and sent private email to the moderator team to complete the transfer.

Pm charged me monthly payment immediately, 3 days no answers from the moderator team.

Any advice? Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22

kotori91

Sent one more email to them, no reply...

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I am not a moderator, but here's what I would do. I would continue to use your old account. Then when the port is completed, your usage history will show no use (limited) on your new number. Then I would ask for a credit on my account for the days I did not use it. 

I know others will say that there is no prorating on PM and this is true. But as I've said many times, PM has been fair with me when I've had concerns like this and they have always helped me in the end. I can't promise anything, but I believe, for the sake of a few dollars PM will make it right. I've lived it before. 

Yeah, they should. 

I am not a moderator, but here's what I would do. I would continue to use your old account. Then when the port is completed, your usage history will show no use (limited) on your new number. Then I would ask for a credit on my account for the days I did not use it. 

I know others will say that there is no prorating on PM and this is true. But as I've said many times, PM has been fair with me when I've had concerns like this and they have always helped me in the end. I can't promise anything, but I believe, for the sake of a few dollars PM will make it right. I've lived it before. 

Well hopefully this all will change, if you take a look at the announcements you will see a discussion about a new development, they will abandon this way of service or some aspects of it, they hope to do everything faster and also keep the customer informed about estimated response time. Apparently the way you would contact the team would change form ad well, i suspect there will be forms to fill in about the issue you are having.

I'm really curious what will it look like

Many suspect just another ticket system and are kinda disappointed that pm would develop their own when there are so many out there that work very well.

I also suspect that this huge slowdown in response may have been affected by this as you only have that many supports and now they probably have to split attention

jor123

@kotori91 wrote:

I guess i will switch to chatr, the price is +$2/month but with the normal support or to fizz if i don't want the support.

Who can happy waiting weeks to transfer the number and being double charged?

Exactly - while I'm satisfied with PM service right now, this sort of non-response is disheartening and there are times when customer service intervention is necessary. I don't think we should be pretending that we should accept poor service out of altruism or because PM is a "small" company - it is TELUS. 

jor123

@goldilock wrote:

@jor123  Luckily, for most of us, there is not a need to contact a moderator.   For those who complain about the long wait to hear back from a moderator, it's important to keep in mind that the rates at Public Mobile are low and they offer rewards and ways for customers to lower their monthly cost with autopay, loyalty rewards,assisting in the community etc. in lieu of not having phone support. People can expect it takes aprox. 48-72 hours to receive a reply from a moderator. Many people in the community take their time to respond and help other public mobile customers and often it can resolve a lot of problems without the need for a moderator.

There are competitors who have phone support but it's outsourced to a call center in a foreign country who use scripts and you often don't get the help anyway. 

I am very happy with Public Mobile. 

Sure, we make some concessions with PM for lower rate plans but at the very least I think messages should be returned in 48-72 hours. Especially for urgent matters that seem to be showing up on the forums more often than not now - there are some account-specific things that the community just can't solve. I haven't had to contact the moderators myself for any issues yet, but I would like to know that if I did run into any problems they'd be addressed in a reasonable amount of time. 

Public Mobile is operated by TELUS and is for-profit as much as anyone else - lowering monthly costs through self-service options/community forums and providing critical assistance to people who cannot use their service (for whatever reason) are not mutually exclusive. 

kotori91

I guess i will switch to chatr, the price is +$2/month but with the normal support or to fizz if i don't want the support.

Who can happy waiting weeks to transfer the number and being double charged?

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jor123  Luckily, for most of us, there is not a need to contact a moderator.   For those who complain about the long wait to hear back from a moderator, it's important to keep in mind that the rates at Public Mobile are low and they offer rewards and ways for customers to lower their monthly cost with autopay, loyalty rewards,assisting in the community etc. in lieu of not having phone support. People can expect it takes aprox. 48-72 hours to receive a reply from a moderator. Many people in the community take their time to respond and help other public mobile customers and often it can resolve a lot of problems without the need for a moderator.

There are competitors who have phone support but it's outsourced to a call center in a foreign country who use scripts and you often don't get the help anyway. 

I am very happy with Public Mobile. 

Not sure if this is related but...In the west, there seems to be some Telus network wide issues with emails lately. Telus is tres reluctant to provide details of any disruptions though. My Telus email has been flakey for the last 48 hours and is not working at all right now. Others have no email at all for a few days.

jor123

The increasingly long wait times are a bit worrying...

You can ask for credit for waiting time as you don't need both services simultaneously and it's due to their slow response that you must have both. I don't think they will have problem with that. 

If you go into another billing cycle with koodo and you are postpaid they will prorate it even if they charge your credit card, you will get cheque in your mail, so make sure they have your correct address on file before your koodo account shuts down. They sent me to my old address, my luck was that my relative took over my rent. When you have online only interaction with the company you forget to do all those updates

kotori91

I did exactle as you sugested. The problem is that they just have not replied.

Ok, I will wait a bit more and if there is no feedback from them will switch to another provider.

@kotori91 wrote:

Yes, but should be no double charge.

Otherwise they must mention that moderators are busy and the customer should double pay for two accounts for weeks.

The PM moderators are very reasonable..in your discussions with the moderators, tell them you had no service for X days after paying...I'm sure they'll make things right for you.

I know it's frustrating but hang in there...you'll be glad you did.

kotori91

Yes, but should be no double charge.

Otherwise they must mention that moderators are busy and the customer should double pay for two accounts for weeks.

@kotori91Both accounts have to be active in order for the transfer to be successful. It is the method that is outlined in the consumer code.

kotori91

Why pm charged me if they did not complete the transfer? I can be patient but I do not want to pay for two numbers at the same time.

If pm moderators so busy and there is no transfer should be no charge. Otherwise it looks like fraud.

kotori91

Guys,

I have a contract with koodo, 45/month.

When I try to do the transfer in self service account, it does not work.

I re-sent emails to the moderator teams twice, first was on Monday, no feedback.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kotori91 wrote:

Bought sim online, created an account, assigned the new number because as procedure there is no direct transfer from koodo and sent private email to the moderator team to complete the transfer.

Pm charged me monthly payment immediately, 3 days no answers from the moderator team.

Any advice? Thank you.

@kotori91Just need to be patient. In the meantime continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port is complete and you can start using your PM sim.

Welcome to PM!Smiley Happy

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kotori91 wrote:

Any advice? Thank you.

Unfortunately, you have to wait.  Members have been seeing wait times upto a week in some cases.  This is one of the negatives of a low cost prepaid providers. 

Just wanted to confirm that our have service on you new public and mobile number and  you are waiting on porting in a Koodo number 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kotori91I would recommend initiate the port via the form in selfserve (currently down) yourself.. then message the moderators about your request.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kotori91 wrote:

Any advice? Thank you.

Are you porting in a koodo prepaid number?  If so you will have to wait for a moderator response.  Yes they would charge you immediately you have an activated SIM card.  If you are porting from Koodo Post paid you can do it your self in the self serve by selecting change number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it has been over 48 hours, resend the request, they can be busy

On the side, are you prepaid or postpaid Koodo customer. Postpaid ones can do port themselves from the self-serve account, they just need name number and account number to do it.

Prepaid ones need the help of mods

Need Help? Let's chat.