cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim card

kenhen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey just activated a sim with public and ported a number over from speakout, but when I pop the sim card into my phone it says that there is no sim card. Anyone know what to do? 

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kenhen  When porting from Speakout best to use a PIN number since Speakout does not have account numbers.

Are you getting a no sim card or no service message? Did your activation complete and can you access your selfserve account online?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kenhen wrote:

Hey just activated a sim with public and ported a number over from speakout, but when I pop the sim card into my phone it says that there is no sim card. Anyone know what to do? 

@kenhen Is it possible the SIM card is a little loose in your phone? If it doesn't fit snugly it may not be making a good contact. If that is the case  it's been suggested to use a little tape on the top side being careful not to overlap the underside of the SIM.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kenhenSwap your Public Mobile SIM card into another known working phone to see if the problem persists. If there is still a problem, you might have an activation issue and need to contact the moderators by clicking on ? on the lower right hand corner to get them figure it out for you, as they are the only one who can fix that issue.

@hairbag1 wrote:

It can take several days for the port to complete so use the old sim until it quits...then try the PM sim.

Don't close out the Speakout plan...that will happen when port is done.

Porting wouldn't make it say no sim. Public Mobile sim would work even on a failed port.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@kenhen wrote:

No sim usually is bad connection. Take sim card out and reinsert.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It can take several days for the port to complete so use the old sim until it quits...then try the PM sim.

Don't close out the Speakout plan...that will happen when port is done.

Need Help? Let's chat.