cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal after vacation abroad

sampublicmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, after my 2 weeks vacation to Philippines I don't have service. I checked my account and it says active because I'm on autopay. Your help will be so much appreciated. Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

Callan89

Hey!

If restarting your phone doesn't help try manually selecting your roaming network operator.

For an IPhone, go into settings, click on cellular, then select Network Selection. Turn Automatic to off so your phone can internally reset and then select the network that you actually need!

If you have an LG or samsung I believe the steps are a tad different, but hopefully this helps!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sampublicmobile  Is your PM sim card in your phone? When you dial 611 what happens?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sampublicmobile 

Switch you phone to auto connection and restart your phone to configure your phone automatically   If failed to connect to PM network, manually select PM network.  

If you have a LG phone, do a netywork reset also if you use a local SIM card in your phone.

@GinYVR wrote:

@sampublicmobileDid you use your phone while you were in Phillipines? Make sure that the provider setting is back to Public Mobile.

I was going to say the same thing.  Sometimes the phone is set manually to connect to a provider rather than auto connect.  

@sampublicmobileDid you use your phone while you were in Phillipines? Make sure that the provider setting is back to Public Mobile.

sampublicmobile

Yes im back here at canda and tried restarting my phone several times. 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.