cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No services after activating new SIM

adriantt727
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just activated the sim card but shows no service, the phone is unlocked and compatable with frequency. tried to take sim card out and put it back in and restart the phone but still the same. Online account also shows active....Please help Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

@adriantt727 

Moderators are taking 1-2 days to respond minimum.  

You might want to try your PM SIM card in another phone.  To determine whether it is a hardware issue or PM service problem.  If SIM card does not work in a different phone, then it is indeed a PM service issue

I  have a feeling that it is a PM service issue and you will need to wait for moderator help.  

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@adriantt727 what plan did you add to your account? If you have not bought any plan, there is no service for you even you activated your SIM card. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@adriantt727 wrote:

Just activated the sim card but shows no service, the phone is unlocked and compatable with frequency. tried to take sim card out and put it back in and restart the phone but still the same. Online account also shows active....Please help Thanks

When you log into My Account, does it show as "Active" ?

If so, click tab that says "Plan and Add-ons". Look for and click "Lost/Stolen". Click "Suspend"...the log out. After 5 minutes, log back in and go back and Resume service, then reboot your phone again.

Once you get things going it's pretty stable and reliable. Good luck.

TheGx

@adriantt727 wrote:

yeah did that yesterday but no response yet

It takes them a few hours to a couple days to reply during business hours and maybe more during holidays and weekends like this Victoria Day long weekend, try putting "NEW ACTIVATION EMERGENCY" in the subject line of your private message to them and maybe it will be looked at faster - I know it's totally fustrating to not have phone service.

TheGx

@Triguy wrote:

If you still have issues then you might need to contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As @Triguy  said, you should contact Moderator team ASAP, I had similar problem when I first activated but the Moderators fixed everything and now I'm saving $ every month so the wait was fustrating but totally worth it - here is the link to my problem before:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

adriantt727

yeah did that yesterday but no response yet

@adriantt727 wrote:

um...still no service.... is it possible I get full refund? This really seems like a pain in the ** now

You can try to ask for it but policy is no refunds. Public Mobile's obligation is to get the service working for you.

adriantt727

just says phone is not activated, contact carrier

adriantt727

um...still no service.... is it possible I get full refund? This really seems like a pain in the ** now

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you still have issues then you might need to contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@adriantt727 wrote:

it's an IPHONE 6S

Is there any error message on your iPhone 6s?

If yes, what is the message?

@adriantt727 wrote:

it's an IPHONE 6S

I know that newer iPhone device models can "activate" with Apple on the mobile device, but I would suggest connecting your phone by USB to a computer and launcing iTunes.  That willl connect to the iTunes/Apple server to check their list if sim cards from different carriers are allowed to be used in that device.  I know that you said that the device is unlocked, but Apple's servers still need to give the phone device the go-ahead/permission to use your Public Mobile sim card.

@mojorising wrote:

Are you porting a phone number with that new sim card? If so it may take a couple of hours for it to activate.

Even if you are porting, activation is immediate.  The couple of hours thing is only for incoming calls and text messages.  The fact that the phone says no service means that this is not a number porting issue (although there could still be one in addition to the no service error message issue).

adriantt727

it's an IPHONE 6S

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can try the lost/stolen phone trick.  In your account, report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Wait 5 minutes.  Login and report your phone found.  Re-boot phone.  This resets your SIM/account.

adriantt727

no, new number... i actually had it activated yesterday....

@adriantt727 wrote:

I know you already checked compatibility but what model is it? The only ask because the compatibility checking tools and websites often contain errors. 

mojorising

Are you porting a phone number with that new sim card? If so it may take a couple of hours for it to activate.

adriantt727

@CS_Agent Please help thanks

@adriantt727 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.