cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Kimclen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent I have no service now for 2.5 days!  Signed but received a generic error.  I private messaged 4 times with no response. PM has charged my account but I have zero service on my cell!  Very upset customer!!!!   Need help ASAP.  I can’t login to my account.  Please help,  I lost for anything else I can do!  

11 REPLIES 11

Frankb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Exact same issue here.  Ported 6s from Telus Sunday.  Telus account closed and no PM service.  Tried my wife’s PM sim in my phone and it works. So it’s not my phone.  Moderator got back to me yesterday saying all is fine.  All is not fine.  Replied to moderator and still waiting.  Good luck.  

@Kimclen wrote:

I've tried all these things except trying my sim card in someone elses phone.

Testing in another phone is probably not going to mean much.  It does look like account set up failed somewhere.  You just need to have the moderator team do their thing and you will be up and running.  Hopefully they will get to your case quickly. 

Kimclen

I've tried all these things except trying my sim card in someone elses phone.

@Kimclen

The moderator should get back to you today hopefully.  As stated above, typical wait itmes have been 2-3 days recently.  

I agree with others.... trying your SIM card in another phone would provide very helpful additional information.  It will not affect the other phone.  It will help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Pulbic mobile service issue.  We recommnd this often in this forum.  

Have you tried searching for Public Mobile in your Settings?  

A few other things you could try:

1. REmove SIM and re-insert again.  RE-boot phone.  Just to make sure that the SiM card fits properly in the phone.

2.  Network setting reset

Kimclen

So i contacted my old provider Telus, just to be sure my phone was unlocked and my phone number acutally did port over to PM.  They confirmed all of this.  i also called the PM self service phone # and confirmed that they have my number and also my nexy billing date and my balance.  So werid.. they have my information, I do not have service, I've been charged on my account, I cannot login to my account... 

Kimclen

Thanks for the advise.  I tried my telus sim and it does not work anymore, nor can I login to my telus account.  Also, I am unable to login to the PM account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kimclen, given that you have been charged for the service but the service is not working, then seeking moderator team assistance is the way to go.  Response times are around 2-3 days at the moment.  Hopefully, they will get back to you soon.  Since you did a number port in the activation which has failed, are you still able to use the old service.  If so, continue to use that until the problem at this end is resolved.  Another troubleshooting that you can do while waiting for moderator team assistance is to try and login to the self serve account to see if there is anything obviously wrong there. 

Kimclen

Well to late for emailing them several times.  I'm a working mom of 2 and need phone service.  Yes, my phone works with PM... I was a telus customer and have an IPhone 6s.  My co-worker was on the same service and has the same phone as me prior to her changing to PM..  She did not have a hitch... her husband did however and he messaged a moderator who got back to him within  1 hour... I'm completely fustrated and lost.. and feel i've been beat at my own battle.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm guess this is why the rates are so low?

This is exactly why: They advertised the fact that they don't have a call center.

No I have not tried my SIM Card in another phone that has a PM service already, I don't plan on doing this as I wouldn't want to mess around with their service.

Do it. It won't invalidate your SIM card, by industry standard AND by my experience.

Check:

• Is your SIM card working? Check in another phone.
  • Is your phone compatible with PM?
  • Is your account in your OLD phone company fully cancelled? Try log into their website.

If no issues for all the above, you should just wait for moderator response. Don't message 4 times though, that could (Once upon a time it's a thing, not sure) put you further back in the queue.

Kimclen

I ported my number when seting up my account.  and Yes 2.5 days is very long.  I do not understand why it is taking so long for a moderator to get back to me.  Very discouraged now about the service PM can offer, I'm guess this is why the rates are so low?  Even if I wanted to cancel, I have no clue how to as I can't get into my account, nor will any of the moderators get back to me.  PM has charged my account, and because of this, I think someone from the PM side should at least respond.  No I have not tried my SIM Card in another phone that has a PM service already, I don't plan on doing this as I wouldn't want to mess around with their service. My phone says No Service.  I've tried every possible optioin I can think of, and nothing has worked.  It is very difficult to do anything without receiving support. This process has been the worst I've ever experienced.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

2.5 days is too long.

Have you tested your sim on different phone , prefer another working public mobile phone.  To rule out the sim issue.  

Did you port your service at the same time you have your new public mobile service setup?    Sometimes when port stuck, your new PM service can work on text and data and outgoing call.

Need Help? Let's chat.