cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

KateH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to PUblicMobile, and my phone is now often showing no service 'service network unavailable', and when I try to make calls, it will say the number is 'not registered on network'. Often after 4-5 attempts, the phone will show full signal and I will be able to make the call. The only issue I have with texting, is that I can't text when the service is unavailable, and will often receive a pile of texts all at once. Had no issues with this with Koodo...help please!

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CellGirl wrote:

@srlawren 

Thanks for those details 👍

@CellGirl that's what the community is here for, learn, share, and help each other.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren 

Thanks for those details 👍

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sandpublic wrote:

Koodo and PM share the same network so that can't be the problem. Did you port your number over or did you setup a new number?

@CellGirl wrote:

Did you just port your number over? It could potentially take a few hours to fully complete.. If you haven't already done so, power off/on phone..

@CellGirl @KateH just so you know, porting has nothing to do with no service or not registered on network messages.  Even if your port is pending or has failed, a compatible unlocked phone (or locked to Koodo/Telus is fine) should not be showing these messages. Since we know the phone is from Koodo and thus defintiely compatible and not locked to another network, there was an activation glitch.

The lost/stolen trick that @sandpublic mentioned will often resolve this type of problem and get the customer up and running again without waiting for moderator assitance.  If that fails (and the $1 top up trick also fails), then the customer needs to contact the moderator team for help as their account is not in a valid state.  Sometimes activations don't fully complete properly behind the scenes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KateH wrote:

Android

Can you please use the phone app and dial:

*#*#4636#*#*

Select Phone Information and can you please post the screenshot. Please backout phone number. Or just post what's under:

Current Network, Signal Strength, Voice & Data Service.

KateH

Thanks, I have a private message thread start with a mod...hopefully they know what's up!

KateH

Android

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

sandpublic

@KateH wrote:

I transfered my number over a couple of days ago, and have since powered my phone off/on a few times...same issue still.

One more thing to try is the lost/stolen feature. This has worked for some customers in the past. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

CellGirl

@KateH wrote:

I transfered my number over a couple of days ago, and have since powered my phone off/on a few times...same issue still.

If you still get "not registered on network", you might be best to get help from the mods, by clicking the envelope icon at top right of forum page, and compose message to moderator_team

sandpublic

@KateH wrote:

What type of phone is it? iPhone or Android?

KateH

CellGirl

@KateH 

Did you just port your number over? It could potentially take a few hours to fully complete.. If you haven't already done so, power off/on phone..

sandpublic

@KateH wrote:

I just switched to PUblicMobile, and my phone is now often showing no service 'service network unavailable', and when I try to make calls, it will say the number is 'not registered on network'. Often after 4-5 attempts, the phone will show full signal and I will be able to make the call. The only issue I have with texting, is that I can't text when the service is unavailable, and will often receive a pile of texts all at once. Had no issues with this with Koodo...help please!

Koodo and PM share the same network so that can't be the problem. Did you port your number over or did you setup a new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.