cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service when woke up

Catatia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my mom and dads phone after activating mine last month. Both worked last night both got the text about the successful transfer (from Telus). Now one phone has no service. Switched SIM cards and whatever phone has that SIM card has no service. 

Any suggestions? 

22 REPLIES 22

Catatia

Anyone know how long it takes miss to get back to you? 

Messaged them Sunday morning, now Tuesday haven’t heard anything. 

@Catatia wrote:

Account shows as active but when I call it says numbers not in service 

OK so that means that the port from Telus is not complete or is in a stuck state. You need to contact the moderator_team they should be able to fix it for you.

Hope that helps! Please let us know how it works out.

Catatia

Account shows as active but when I call it says numbers not in service 

@Catatia wrote:

Yes I used my moms eamil when I activated her phone. 

OK good. When you login into your mom's account is the account active or does it show suspended? What happens when you call  her number? 

Catatia

Yes I used my moms eamil when I activated her phone. 

@Catatia wrote:

It’s an iPhone 6 

tried in my iPhone 7, didntvwork. My sim worked in the iPhone 6 though. 

When you activated the acount did you use a different email? From what you describe it's a SIM issue or an activation issue. Hopefully you have already contacted the Moderator Team as suggested in previous posts above.

Catatia

It’s an iPhone 6 

tried in my iPhone 7, didntvwork. My sim worked in the iPhone 6 though. 

@Catatia wrote:

I did dial it. It just said call failed. 

when it was set up last night it was connected on they network, we received the “congrats and welcome” text message.

What type of phone is it? Do you have another phone you can try the SIM in?

Catatia

I did dial it. It just said call failed. 

when it was set up last night it was connected on they network, we received the “congrats and welcome” text message.

@Catatia wrote:

The SIM card that won’t work just says call failed. 

On the woking sim it says talk is not included and I can change my plan online. 

I’ve removed the SIM card many times and rebooted many times to no avail. 

Doesn 't sound like that SIM is activated or connecting to the network. If  you dialed code in my previous post you will be able to determine if it connecting to the PM network.

Catatia

The SIM card that won’t work just says call failed. 

On the woking sim it says talk is not included and I can change my plan online. 

I’ve removed the SIM card many times and rebooted many times to no avail. 

@Catatia wrote:

SIM card was changed, I have both Telus cards out and in the table, they say Telus, not a mistaken card issue. 

@Catatia : If you are still having the issue try removing the SIM card and re-inserting it on the problem phone and restart the phone. Has service been restored?

If no, then you can also try the following on both phones and compare what is different.

On each phone:

1. Dail *#*#4636#*#*
  2. Select Phone Infromation

Is there a difference between the phone that is working and then one with the problem? If yes, what is it other than IMEI and phone number.

Catatia

SIM card was changed, I have both Telus cards out and in the table, they say Telus, not a mistaken card issue. 

@Catatia wrote:

@Tav wrote:

@Catatia wrote:

Do I need to repost as stolen through public mobile or the phone itself? 

Go to the This Page on another device and report the phone as lost/stolen. Turn the phone off. wait about 10 minutes report the phone as found. Turn the phone back on. 

If that doesn't work let us know and there are a few other things that can be tried before messaging the mods. 

Still didn’t work, open to more suggestions 

Make sure that the phone that is not working is using the Public Mobile SIM. Sounds like it might still be using the Telus SIM.

Catatia

@mimmo wrote:

did you activate he two lines last night?  If so I think you will need to send a private message to the moderator_team 

if it was not last night:

what does the account status say?   active or suspended?  when was the last payment when was/is the due date?

can you post a screenshot of payment history?

Yes both activated last night, 

Both worked perfectly last night but at some point overnight one phone went out of service. 

Account is currently active, and was paid for at activation. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

did you activate he two lines last night?  If so I think you will need to send a private message to the moderator_team 

if it was not last night:

what does the account status say?   active or suspended?  when was the last payment when was/is the due date?

can you post a screenshot of payment history?

@Catatia You will have to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Catatia

@Tav wrote:

@Catatia wrote:

Go to the This Page on another device and report the phone as lost/stolen. Turn the phone off. wait about 10 minutes report the phone as found. Turn the phone back on. 

If that doesn't work let us know and there are a few other things that can be tried before messaging the mods. 

Still didn’t work, open to more suggestions 

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Catatia wrote:

@Catatia Through your Public Mobile account. Near the top right on the main page, click Plan and Addons, then Lost/Stolen phone, then click Suspend Service. Then log out, wait 5 minutes, log in, report it found, then restart the phone.

Catatia

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Catatia Check the account for the phone that doesn't work and make sure it still says Active. If it does then try reporting the phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart the phone. Then try turning on Airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, turn it off, then restart the phone.

If it's still not working or the account says suspended/expired you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.