cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service was fine last night...

happysgurl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Woke up with no phone service today. Plan just renewed on the First of November.

Is the an outage? 

31 REPLIES 31

Bandsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. Service returned a few hours later.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@happysgurl wrote:

Woke up with no phone service today. Plan just renewed on the First of November.

Is the an outage? 

Yes outage affecting parts of Ontario.

Telus and Bell experiencing cell service disruption in parts of Ontario.
https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/

Issue being looked at and there are reports of service returning for some clients.

Jojoking

Yea there's no service they probably will go through that asap.or already working on it.

happysgurl

I just tried... thankful for Facebook for once, lol at least I can message in there 😊

I am hearing people have lost their internet as well and debit/credit isn't working either! What a mess!

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GinYVR wrote:

@BandsawBell and Telus share the same cell phone network in Ontario.

Bell and Telus share towers nation wide.  Lucky to be unaffected in Toronto.

@BandsawBell and Telus share the same cell phone network in Ontario.

Bandsaw

My bell work phone is also out. Seems like a bad day for cell service providers

@happysgurlPublic Mobile doesn't have wifi calling. For that feature you have to upgrade to Koodo https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

happysgurl

Found this on my Facebook

1A154D96-9E5B-4DBB-8F73-70D6AFB77C34.png

Bandsaw

I am in Sudbury, and my phone also has no service. Says it is not registered on the network.

THEnewfie

@totalUser  your wifi > my wifi lol

THEnewfie

Since you have wifi connectivity, I'm gonna suggest downloading a wifi calling app. I'm not 100% certain which apps are available for iOS but one for Android I know is called "textnow" ..it likely has an iOS counterpart. Anywho, these apps can keep you in contact with the world while this issue gets solved 👍 

Hopefully this issue gets solved for you! It's not gonna make it any better really.. but you're not the only one suffering with this today lol

@happysgurl wrote:

I sent a question to the moderator hopefully it starts working soon cause this is the only phone I have and even my stepdaughter is with public so basically we have no phone today 😕

@happysgurl 

Head over to textNow and open an account download their app

Free Canadian number with free North America talk and text

Great backup option for the phone

Restrict the background data and it only uses 30 megs per month.

I'm on 13 plan and I turned it into unlimited with TextNow

happysgurl

I sent a question to the moderator hopefully it starts working soon cause this is the only phone I have and even my stepdaughter is with public so basically we have no phone today 😕

@happysgurlYou can try contact the moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner. But since Public Mobile is the lowest tier of Telus Corp, Moderators might take a few days to get back to you.. hopefully by the time they do, you will get service back already.

THEnewfie

Technically yes.. but if you did, the rest of the working components in your phone would likely be fried too and you wouldn't be able to use it. Wayyyyyy more likely that it's a network thang if all these things we suggest/you test end up failing

@happysgurlIt could be a multitude of things, SIMs are pretty tough.

happysgurl

I am in Lindsay Ontario @inasten do it sounds like an outage... how do we go about reporting that and getting an update on when we should get service again?

inasten

I am in Peterborough Ontario and we have 2 phones with Public Mobile and neither have service this morning

happysgurl

I will try, just have to wait until my stepdaughter wakes up... is it possible to fry the SIM card?

THEnewfie

My next suggestion would be to test it out in another phone if possible.

I'm in Ontario, Hamilton area and no problem here. I'm waiting for the other person to respond about their location

@happysgurlSwap your SIM card out and put it into a known working phone to narrow down whether it is a phone issue or a Public Mobile issue.

happysgurl

Ontario... Never have had this issue. My account is showing active as it should they just took my payment on the first.

Took my SIM out and reset still nothing. Went to network setting and tried to manually connect to the Public Mobile network and still nothing.

What area are you in?

happysgurl

Can not text or make calls... wifi is connected and is working fine

76FEBDD9-0851-4384-8EFD-4C1BD629B72A.jpeg

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you connected to network at all. Somebody else had issues connecting.

Is anything working? Data texts calls

Any error messages.

Payment history shows payment went through fine?

THEnewfie
Are all your services not working or just some? Like not being able to call for example and still being able to text?

happysgurl

First thing I did was a reboot still nothing... account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.