cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service since activation in early February.

Gizmo1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my PM SIM card & popped it in (i noticed it said "No SIM card - Emereg calls only") & tried to set up my APN & hit Save and selected the PM APN Network Turned off my phone and switched to the PM SIM card and turned my phone back on.... as everything loaded, still said "NO SIM CARD" and no service.

My phone is Huwaei P30 lite and it is unlocked.

9 REPLIES 9

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gizmo1999 :You should contact moderator team right away because it been too long now, if more than few hours no service and community can't figure out, should contact moderator team by clicking the white bubble bottom right or click envelope button top right.

I had similar problem too and moderator team fixed everything for me:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-... 

Gizmo1999

I bought it online from PM. 

@Gizmo1999 wrote:

I tried with my iPhone 6 but result is same.

@Gizmo1999 That would seem to point to the sim card being faulty. Where did you buy it? I would get another sim (DO NOT ACTIVATE IT) and use "change sim card" in self serve. If you bought the sim from PM send a moderator a message, I am sure they will credit you with the price of the sim. You have contacted a moderator haven't you? What have they said about the issue?

Gizmo1999

So, what am I to do?

Gizmo1999

I tried with my iPhone 6 but result is same.

Gizmo1999

Last three weeks I have done everything but in vain.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Gizmo1999 wrote:

I activated my PM SIM card & popped it in (i noticed it said "No SIM card - Emereg calls only") & tried to set up my APN & hit Save and selected the PM APN Network Turned off my phone and switched to the PM SIM card and turned my phone back on.... as everything loaded, still said "NO SIM CARD" and no service.

@Gizmo1999 As indicated by @computergeek541 , this is either a Sim issue or a phone issue. Try the sim in another phone or try another sim in your phone to determine which is the issue.

@Gizmo1999 wrote:

APN Settings aren't related to the inability to make (or receive) phone calls, nor would incorrect APN settings cause a phone to say No SIM card. This sounds to be an issue with the SIM card not being detected. That could be because of a device fault, a faulty SIM card, or because the SIM card has not been inserted properly.

Need Help? Let's chat.