cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service/signal after sim activation

deep1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am using Lyf Wind 2 device with PM SIM card but it's not working. My phone is showing no service, I tried all tricks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

GR
Mayor / Maire

@deep1993  if phone can't connect to 3g you won't be able to make calls

deep1993

Phone is unlocked.

deep1993

Yes, sim is working in other devices and I tried in both sim slots but no luck. Phone compatibility on website is saying that 3G does not work and compatible with 4G

deep1993

Yes, sim is working in other devices and I tried in both sim slots but no luck. Phone compatibility on website is saying that 3G does not work and compatible with 4G

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your phone may not be compatiable with PM. Remove Sim and see if it works with another phone you could try from someone else.

@deep1993 

Did a quick search on line on the specs on your phone

Operating Frequency: GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS WCDMA BAND1 (2100)/ BAND8(900)
LTE-FDD BAND3(1800)/ BAND5(850)
LTE-TDD BAND40(2300)

https://www.mylyf.com/wind-2

Are there 2 Sim card slots?  Maybe try the other slot.  

It is missing some of the necessary frequencies to work with Public Mobile.  

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile issue.  

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are unsure about if your phone is compatible, you can also try the sim on a friends phone to see if it is not a problem with your SIM/activation

Did you port a number or activate a new one?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@deep1993  did you check your phone on willmyphonework.net to see if it's compatible with public mobile?  And is it unlocked 

Need Help? Let's chat.