cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after successful activation

Vault91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2 hours ago I completed my registration and activation. Inserted my SIM, but I have no service despite restarting my phone periodically. My phone is compatible and my area has coverage. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Vault

8 REPLIES 8

@Vault91 wrote:

I've done this also. All have been reset and phone rebooted, no change.  No service

@Vault91  Pixels should work without any issues with PM. Sounds like your account might not have been provisioned correctly and will require a reset from the PM moderator team.

To submit a ticket to the Public Mobile please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMON by clicking this link.

1. Enter Mod at the Ask me anything prompt and hit return
    2. Select Account-specific question
    3. Select No, I want a human
    4. Select the Click me! link

In your message describe your issue/problem. The message will be received by Public Mobile and they will respond to it. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Public Mobile Moderator Team.

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post.

Hope this helps!

Vault91

I've done this also. All have been reset and phone rebooted, no change.  No service

@Vault91 reset your network settings

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

take the sim out turn off the phone. wipe any dirt/dust off of the sim. turn the phone on and reinstall.

Vault91

I have a Google Pixel 3a.

I checked the lost/stolen, and it's all good there too👍🏻

Very lost right now. I appreciate the help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vault91 wrote:

I didn't have a number before. This is my first phone plan in years so I didn't have any porting to do. And yes, I recieved the welcome email and verified my email.

My phone sees there's a sim card in it, but doesn't know any of the public mobile info/ service

What make/model/submodel is the phone? Some phones will have variations in models.

Vault91

I didn't have a number before. This is my first phone plan in years so I didn't have any porting to do. And yes, I recieved the welcome email and verified my email.

My phone sees there's a sim card in it, but doesn't know any of the public mobile info/ service

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Vault91 Do you have a chance to try the sim in another phone? Try lost'stolen feature is self-service account. Enable fly mode for a few mins.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Vault91 wrote:

2 hours ago I completed my registration and activation. Inserted my SIM, but I have no service despite restarting my phone periodically. My phone is compatible and my area has coverage. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Vault

If you ported your old number to PM...just put the old sim back in the phone. When it quits working, put PM sim in phone.

Did you receive the "Welcome to PM" email yet ?

Need Help? Let's chat.