cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after porting number from Koodo

Rebecca3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is the third number I’ve ported from Koodo. No issue with the first 2, but this one doesn’t work. 

I activated the SIM, got a temporary number. Then did the change number request and got a message saying the port was successful  (same way I did for the other two). I got an email from Koodo saying I was canceling their service, everything looked fine. 

But right now I have no service on either number (PM temporary number or Koodo number I’m trying to port). I sent a private message to @CS_Agent but no reply so far (since yesterday). 

I realize yesterday was Sunday but in the meantime, I have no working phone. I also tried the following with no luck:

-stolen/lost phone trick and then reporting it as found

-turning phone off and back on

-taking the SIM card out and then back in. 

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Rebecca3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your replies. In the end I heard from the moderator last night and, after after quite a bit of back and forth (and work by the tech team), my phone is finally operational. 

Private message to the moderator did work although it took a while, and she was very helpful. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You pretty much covered all the "tricks" and are stuck waiting.

Some additional info might trigger another idea from someone:

a) does the account show as Active when you login?

b) what is make/model of your phone?

c) does the Koodo SIM still work?

d) did you use a different email address for PM?

e) what message appears on the phone after rebooting with the PM SIM installed?

To make phone calls while awaiting resolution try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rebecca3 

You are doing the right thing by sending a private message to moderator.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

You had already tried the lost/stolen pphone trick and restart your phone.  Just wait for moderator to work on your port.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca3Sounds like a provisioning issue.. you just have to be patience expect to hear back up to 48 hours from the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.