cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after porting from Telus. Multiple Users impacted!

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all,

I signed up with a PM plan yesterday, and now I am encountering no service issue after porting from Telus.

The phone has been restarted several times, and the account under PM is active.

Does anyone know if there are any service issue for new activations?

37 REPLIES 37

hzmy

The MOD replied and rectified my issue after three days but left with another issue,

They changed my 8+ 0.5GB plan to a 6+2GB.

Still communicating with them, and at the mean time, I am getting worried on if I will lose my 10$/month promo. 

hzmy

@DoggieMommy wrote:

I got the reply this afternoon and my service was restored within the hour.  They confirmed it was a backend issue with porting the number over.  So if you're in the queue, they're working on Dec 31 messages (at least) today.

Good to know things are moving. 

I'm on the earliest Jan 2nd queue. Maybe another two days? Not sure. 

DoggieMommy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the reply this afternoon and my service was restored within the hour.  They confirmed it was a backend issue with porting the number over.  So if you're in the queue, they're working on Dec 31 messages (at least) today.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hzmy wrote:

That's what I'm advocating. 

It's better they have a queue/ticket system that can tell people what's the progress on their request so that customers can get prepared. 

@hzmy yep, we've been begging for this for about 26 months now, after a large fiasco in Nov 2016 due to a wildly popular pomo plan and a bunch of system issues.  Thus far, no love.  

However, according to an update about a month ago from @Dave_M, a proper ticket process is being worked on.  All we can do is wait, sadly. That announcement can be found here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/A-Letter-From-Dave-Reflecting-on-our-jo...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hzmy

@DoggieMommy wrote:

I'm still waiting for a mod reply to my private message.  My message to the team went in on the morning of Dec 31.  I would've thought I would've been near the front of the queue.  This really isn't a good look for PM that their system doesnt work and they're so backlogged they can't address it or their subscribers.  😞

That's what I'm advocating. 

It's better they have a queue/ticket system that can tell people what's the progress on their request so that customers can get prepared. 

For now given I have no idea how long this gonna take and I need to have a number so that people can reach me. 

If it takes a day or two I can wait. 

But for now, I have to plan for the worst and get a backup number till God knows when it's ready. 

I assume given not too many people are impacted, there is no need to put out some announcement? I have no idea. But if more people are impacted, this will look bad from public relationship's perspective. 

DoggieMommy

I'm still waiting for a mod reply to my private message.  My message to the team went in on the morning of Dec 31.  I would've thought I would've been near the front of the queue.  This really isn't a good look for PM that their system doesnt work and they're so backlogged they can't address it or their subscribers.  😞

hzmy

For now. 

I got an different temporary number from a different provider and we will see if the issue could be fixed any soon.

hzmy
@Kimclen wrote:

@hzmy  Like I indicated in my first message it took 4-5 days and my issue was resolved, and I have service.   That was a month ago now, and I haven’t had a hitch since and also have referred friends to PM. 

Thanks for the information. I will see what I can do.

Kimclen

@hzmy  Like I indicated in my first message it took 4-5 days and my issue was resolved, and I have service.   That was a month ago now, and I haven’t had a hitch since and also have referred friends to PM. 

hzmy

@Kimclen wrote:

@hzmy  I did the same when I experienced this issue also, however was told by several in the community that emailing them multiple times will not speed up the process!  Messages from what I understand are put in a queue and they respond in sequence. I understand the frustration as I also needed my phone for work, but they will get back to you!  Unfortunately it works for some first try but others it takes a little more work!  They reward is worth the wait.  Sorry I couldn’t be of more help, but knowing that I experienced the same and got resolution hopefully helps some.  Good luck! 

I understand, but I would believe it's more of a system wide glitch for new activations, which should take more priority. It's not a small issue, like I am charged 5$ more.

Anyways, did you get your issue resovled, or you are still stuck with no service?

Kimclen

@hzmy  I did the same when I experienced this issue also, however was told by several in the community that emailing them multiple times will not speed up the process!  Messages from what I understand are put in a queue and they respond in sequence. I understand the frustration as I also needed my phone for work, but they will get back to you!  Unfortunately it works for some first try but others it takes a little more work!  They reward is worth the wait.  Sorry I couldn’t be of more help, but knowing that I experienced the same and got resolution hopefully helps some.  Good luck! 

srlawren

@hzmy wrote:

@Kimclen wrote:

@hzmy  I was with TELUS and experienced this issue!  It took approximately 4-5 days for the moderators to resolve the issue!  Make sure you contact the Moderator if you have any already.  They will get back to you, just takes some time.

I have messaged the Mod this morning 1AM, 7AM, and 11:30AM.

No one replied. What the ****!

@hzmy okay a few things:

1) they don't have 24-hour coverage, so nobody was working at 1AM

2) you don't need to message them multiple times.  It doesn't make it any faster.

3) messages are not prioritized by user-perceived urgency--they are handled in a first come first serve order from the queue

4) right now, they seem to be backlogged again and taking 48-72+ hours to respond, so unfortunatley you will have to wait it out now

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hzmy

Untitled3.png

hzmy

@Kimclen wrote:

@hzmy  I was with TELUS and experienced this issue!  It took approximately 4-5 days for the moderators to resolve the issue!  Make sure you contact the Moderator if you have any already.  They will get back to you, just takes some time.

I have messaged the Mod this morning 1AM, 7AM, and 11:30AM.

No one replied. What the ****!

Kimclen

srlawren

@hzmy @DoggieMommy FYI I was just trying to gather as much info as possible and rule out anything that was within your control while you wait.  It does seem as if there are activation glitches happening as there are several threads with issues, as noted.  Unfortunately, you may be stuck waiting for moderator assistance at this point.  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoggieMommy, Did you send a PM to the moderator team?  If incoming calls doen't work onto your Telus SIM OR onto your new PM SIM, then something got messed up with the number port.  Are you sure the account is/was still active with Telus?

If you need to...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

DoggieMommy

In my case, not to hijack the thread, the PM account is all active and in good standing.  Even got my referral credit.  The lost/found trick did not work.

I successfully actived another phone with PM just before the one that went awry.  That sim works in both phones just fine - all features.  It's a Samsung neo 5.  The screen just says unregistered sim.  I even tried changing the sim number in my PM account to the same sim number, but no luck.

When I did the first phone succesfully Telus sent the sorry to see you go email right away.  In the second case, the account was active on PM, showing the ported number, but the Telus sim kept working for 14 hours.  Since the other users were with Telus too, it almost seems like Telus didn't release the number and the system with PM hung?  If I call the number it says not in service now, yet shows up in the PM account.

It'd be great if the mods could look into these errors.  Probably an easy fix to repeat for all of us and help clear the backlog.  

hzmy

@srlawren wrote:

What does your account status show in your self-serve account show?  Does it show Active or Suspended or something else?  If the lost-then-found trick didn't work, you could optionally try doing a manual top up for a small amount (e.g $1) to see if that makes any difference.

Do you have access to another phone you can try the SIM in? Since your phone came from Telus, it's definitely compatible, and it doens't need to be unlocked to use with Public Mobile, so those aren't the cause.  What brand and model is it?  None of your services are working at all?  Can you describe the symptoms in more detail--does a network name show in the status bar (on iPhone) or notification shade (on Android)?  Does the signal meter show any bars?  Does it have an X in it?  Any error messages showing?

1. The account shows as

Account Status: Active
2. Will try the top up 1$ trick, but I am pretty sure someone else who shares the same issue have tried that and didn't work.
3. Tried the SIM under a different phone. Didn't work.
4. The phone is an Oneplus 6. Unlocked globally, and I have another exact same phone activated a PM SIM card 10 days ago and worked without an issue.
5. Networks doesn't show entirely. Only saids Emergency calls only. No bars, just an empty icon.

Plus, I think there are at least 3 users that I am aware of are havingt he exact same issue as I do which would could suggest the issue could be from PM.

Also, I messaged the MOD team again. No reply.

srlawren

What does your account status show in your self-serve account show?  Does it show Active or Suspended or something else?  If the lost-then-found trick didn't work, you could optionally try doing a manual top up for a small amount (e.g $1) to see if that makes any difference.

Do you have access to another phone you can try the SIM in? Since your phone came from Telus, it's definitely compatible, and it doens't need to be unlocked to use with Public Mobile, so those aren't the cause.  What brand and model is it?  None of your services are working at all?  Can you describe the symptoms in more detail--does a network name show in the status bar (on iPhone) or notification shade (on Android)?  Does the signal meter show any bars?  Does it have an X in it?  Any error messages showing?

hzmy

This starts to get annoying. 

Someone needs to look into this immediately, since it is not one instance, but multiple impacted users.

DoggieMommy

I have the exact same issue, right down to the sorry to see you go email from Telus that came 14 hours after I tried porting the number over.  No phone service now.  I messaged the MODs on Dec 31 in the morning and still no reply yet.    I feel bad for you guys but I'm glad to know it's not just me.

hzmy

@sltk05 wrote:

Exactly Same thing happened to me yesterday.  Now I have no service at all.  Very frustrating. 

Have you contact the moderator team?

sltk05

Exactly Same thing happened to me yesterday.  Now I have no service at all.  Very frustrating. 

hzmy

@CellAid wrote:

What Public Mobile plan did you sign up for?  Is it possible that you picked a data only plan?

50$/8.5GB plan

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What Public Mobile plan did you sign up for?  Is it possible that you picked a data only plan?

hzmy

@CellAid wrote:

What plan did you sign up for?  Did you try powering down your device?

So I did my port yesterday 8:40pm, but the Telus service was on.

And...

Telus sent me an email about "sorry to see you go" this morning 5:00am, and service was disconnected from them then, which took over 9 hours for a port.

Yes, I restarted my phone more than 10 times.

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What plan did you sign up for?  Did you try powering down your device?

hzmy

@J_2018 wrote:

@hzmy wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use the suspend/resume service.

Didn't work.

Man Frustrated

Assuming your account was still active with Telus when you ported to PM?

Yes.

The account is active and in good standing.

hzmy
@popping wrote:

@hzmy wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use the suspend/resume service.

Didn't work.

Man Frustrated

People reported that lost/stolen phone trick does not work on stuck port.

Your phone does not even showing your Telus number.  You need moderator to work on your port.  Send a private message to moderator.  But wait time is 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I have sent Moderator messages very early this morning...no reply yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.