cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service, SIM activated. URGENT

Alyeed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need access to phone line

activated my sim online, payment is processed but no service.

Help???

19 REPLIES 19

@Lagab88  Again, what is showing on the screen?  you tried it on 2 phones, iphone and Vivo, any error messages?  Sim not provisioned?  No Network?

If nothing works and you weren’t using this phone previously… maybe the phone is dead or locked to another provider?

AE_Collector

Lagab88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t have precious provider. 

@Lagab88   what error you see?  you see SIM not provisioned or No Network?

if you have tried different phone, looks like there is problem with provisioning.  Try to open a ticket with PM and have them double check with the activation on the backend.

(give them a chance.. give them another 3 days to sort the issue out.. )

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

Lagab88

I’m using Iphone 11 and VIvo YC91 not working at all.

@Lagab88 it has been over a week!!  

May I know if you see any error when you put the SIM in a phone?  error like SIM not provisioned?

did you try to put the SIM in another phone?  

So, none of outgoing calls, incoming calls or data working?

What kind of phone (brand/model) do you have?

Lagab88

There was a charge August 28, 2021

of total

28 dollar including tax

can't believe it's a post from Friday and missed by everyone.

@Lagab88  did you check your CC to confirm if PM charged you yet?  If it was charged, maybe you can give us more info and we can see if we can help and get it working

@Lagab88 

Also, tagging onto the bottom of a topic that is over 1 year old is unlikely to get much response. Your own topic would be a much better way to go. But… as @Luddite just said, presumably there is nothing to cancel. It could be a SIM card issue but there are many other possibilities as well which a person would normally ask for assistance with in order to resolve the problem.

AE_Collector

@Lagab88 wrote:

Please cancel my SIM card not working at all.

@Lagab88  If you have not been able to activate an account there is nothing to cancel.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lagab88

Please cancel my SIM card not working at all.

@gblackma wrote:

@Alyeed did you port your number? Ports from cell providers can take up to 3 hours to complete, and if from a voip or landline up to 7 days.  

This isn't a number portability issue. An incomplete/failed number port would only affect incoming communications. The OP has stated the service doesn't work (at all).

@Alyeed wrote:

Need access to phone line

activated my sim online, payment is processed but no service.

Help???

What is the exact model/variant of your phone? Specifically, I'm trying to see if you're phone is compatible with the service. At the very least, you'll need either band 2 or 5 (1900 or 850MHz) 3g network compability for voice service.

@Alyeed if you need to make a call urgently download a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alyeed  Try restarting you phone. If you still get no service then your account wasn't provisioned properly. You need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to reset your account.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Alyeed did you port your number? Ports from cell providers can take up to 3 hours to complete, and if from a voip or landline up to 7 days. If this isnt the cae, what's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. Welcome to PM. Stay safe.

If you ported from another cell provider and its been over 3 hours and still no service. Your port is probably stuck.  Contact he moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Alyeed Does your self-service account says Active? If yes, try to restart your phone or use fly mode for a min and disable it after.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you try the sim card on another phone?

You should also be able to call 611 or logon your self serve account to confirm that your account is well set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.