cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: verification code

@sitnrelaxI think asking for verification for link is verifying you have access to the SIM card currently.. the original PINs are to verify you are the ones who sign up the original accounts to lessen the chance of people being SIMjacked.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sitnrelax wrote:

In conjunction with my patience since my wife as well is doing a porting over.

All she was asked for in a Private message,  after sending the details of both phones from the other provider and Public Mobile. Was the P. M. phone number and  they texted her a verification code with a link to verify.

However in my correspondence I was asked for the PIN numbers I used for the other carrier and the one for P. Mobile.

Are there various ways of getting the same thing done?

@sitnrelax Sending the link and asking to verify you account is the preferred method for a moderator but in some cases if there is a problem with generating/sending the link,  then they might ask you for your PIN and acct#.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Guys all is good

Highlighted

Re: Delays in porting number

It took a little longer to get my phone ported over. That is why I had quiten some leeway for porting over. My older provider cycle gets renewsed on the 10th of the month. And I began the porting over process on the 31st of July.

My porting over has now been completed.

But please remember all the savings of this company is given to you. Hence the cost of the plans are far better that the cost of plans with other carriers.

I am no one to tell you what to do but you certainly should have given more time for the process.

Highlighted

I hope you have already signed up for the community. Guess you would not have been able to post anything if you hadn't .............silly me........reply to your message and post I think would be the simplest solution.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sitnrelax wrote:

I hope you have already signed up for the community. Guess you would not have been able to post anything if you hadn't .............silly me........reply to your message and post I think would be the simplest solution.

I'm merged a few messages about this issue into one thread, just for organizational reasons.  It's good to hear that everything is now working.