cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reply

Like2cook
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sent a request to the Moderator group this morning but haven't received any reply.

7 hours have passed I am wanting instructions on Porting my number from Koodo 

15 REPLIES 15

@Like2cook wrote:

I hope you have already signed up for the community. Guess you would not have been able to post anything if you hadn't .............silly me........reply to your message and post I think would be the simplest solution.

I'm merged a few messages about this issue into one thread, just for organizational reasons.  It's good to hear that everything is now working.

Like2cook

I hope you have already signed up for the community. Guess you would not have been able to post anything if you hadn't .............silly me........reply to your message and post I think would be the simplest solution.

Like2cook

It took a little longer to get my phone ported over. That is why I had quiten some leeway for porting over. My older provider cycle gets renewsed on the 10th of the month. And I began the porting over process on the 31st of July.

My porting over has now been completed.

But please remember all the savings of this company is given to you. Hence the cost of the plans are far better that the cost of plans with other carriers.

I am no one to tell you what to do but you certainly should have given more time for the process.

Like2cook

Thanks Guys all is good

@Like2cook wrote:

In conjunction with my patience since my wife as well is doing a porting over.

All she was asked for in a Private message,  after sending the details of both phones from the other provider and Public Mobile. Was the P. M. phone number and  they texted her a verification code with a link to verify.

However in my correspondence I was asked for the PIN numbers I used for the other carrier and the one for P. Mobile.

Are there various ways of getting the same thing done?

@Like2cook Sending the link and asking to verify you account is the preferred method for a moderator but in some cases if there is a problem with generating/sending the link,  then they might ask you for your PIN and acct#.

@Like2cookI think asking for verification for link is verifying you have access to the SIM card currently.. the original PINs are to verify you are the ones who sign up the original accounts to lessen the chance of people being SIMjacked.

Like2cook

In conjunction with my patience since my wife as well is doing a porting over.

All she was asked for in a Private message,  after sending the details of both phones from the other provider and Public Mobile. Was the P. M. phone number and  they texted her a verification code with a link to verify.

However in my correspondence I was asked for the PIN numbers I used for the other carrier and the one for P. Mobile.

Are there various ways of getting the same thing done?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Like2cook  glad they contacted you and good to know about the 30 hour approx reply time. 

Like2cook

I finally got a reply from the moderators ...........I guess they are overwhelmed.

So all I have to say is have patience .

Cheers

Like2cook

72 hours is a little long. Now it is 24 hours since I first contacted them

@Like2cook wrote:

should I just send all the details to the Mod email private ?  As that I didn't do awaiting a private reply for me to send all the details 

@Like2cookYes, send them in a follow-up message. Include Koodo account number, Name on the account, Koodo phone number. Your current PM account# and phone number.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Like2cook

should I just send all the details to the Mod email private ?  As that I didn't do awaiting a private reply for me to send all the details 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Like2cook  porting from Koodo prepaid I take it?  If it's postpaid you can do it on the self serve 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Like2cook wrote:

I have sent a request to the Moderator group this morning but haven't received any reply.

7 hours have passed I am wanting instructions on Porting my number from Koodo 

@Like2cook If it's Koodo prepaid just continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens just start using you PM sim.

The moderator should be contacting you soon and ask you to verify your account. Be patient.🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take 48 - 72 hours for a moderator response depending on workload.

Need Help? Let's chat.