cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No progress with ongoing problems

Walt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I posted this query (below) yesterday. No response; no progress. Help please.

I am having a devil of a time with your system. Can you access my approx one hour of questions? As you can see, I was runnning into repeated dead ends and nonresponsive continuations.    One example: My account log-in bounces, and I don't have a clue how to fix it.  And the system won't let me creat a new one. "e-mail verification" also bounces. And the passord I entered bounces.

---Is Walt my username?

---I don't want to give up on publicmobile but this is way too difficult.

---What is the most direct way for me to get to you or to another human the next time I need help?

---Where is the "Sign in" button?

---My first Question --and the only one so far--  was about the $25 plan:  How are unexpected incoming long-distance calls (from USA or Canada) handled and billed? Of course I am concerned about keeping charges to the minumum.

What is the response time for questions like this?

Thank you.

Walt

7 REPLIES 7

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Walt wrote:

Guess I wasn't around then, because I never saw it, yet I log in here several time a day.

I am having a devil of a time with your system. Can you access my approx one hour of questions? As you can see, I was runnning into repeated dead ends and nonresponsive continuations.    One example: My account log-in bounces, and I don't have a clue how to fix it.  And the system won't let me creat a new one. "e-mail verification" also bounces. And the passord I entered bounces.

Based on what you said below, about asking about the $25 plan, along with the issues above, would I be safe in assuming you haven't actually created an account yet, and are not currently using Public Mobile as your cell service?

---Is Walt my username?

Apparently it is on the Community forums, but if you're referring to creating an account, your username, as shown in the account login, is your email address(which it says, when you log in).

---What is the most direct way for me to get to you or to another human the next time I need help?

Any time you post on these forums you're contacting a large number of other PM customers for help. If we can't help with your issue(s), then you need to contact the Moderator team, via the info already provided by other folks.

@kselmak  gave you that info, OR you can simply scroll to the top of the screen, and click on the "My Account" link in the top, right corner.

Geez, edited my post since others had posted while I was typing, and STILL I got ninja'd(I'm looking at you @geopublic  !) on some of the info I tossed in! 🙄 

@gblackma wrote:

@Walt , your username is usually the email address that you used to sign up. If you can find the welcome email from PM. The email address it was sent to is your username. To clarify @kselmak to use Textnow and hangouts. WiFi is required. 

@kselmak wrote:

Incoming minutes are not booked at all

Outgoing calls in Canada are unlimited

For USA you can buy an add-on if 200 mins for $8

Or you can install TextNow or hangouts and call for free. Let me know if you need help setting it up and I'll be happy to walk you through it

You can contact moderators directly by message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You can login to your selfserve here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ 

If you are on 25 plan you can use your data to make calls too

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Walt wrote:

---Is Walt my username?

@Walt  Your username is the email you used when you activated your sim card. If that was done at a retail location then click here to register your selfserve account. If you activated online on your own then click here to access your selfserve account.

If you need to contact Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Top right of this page where it says: My Account

---My first Question --and the only one so far--  was about the $25 plan:  How are unexpected incoming long-distance calls (from USA or Canada) handled and billed?

@Walt  Incoming calls from anywhere in the World are free on the $25 plan

Of course I am concerned about keeping charges to the minumum.

Public Mobile does not have any extra charges so wht you pay is what you get. If you go over your data  it just stops working.Smiley Happy

What is the response time for questions like this?

A couple of seconds.

Thank you.

Your welcome! Smiley Happy

Walt

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

With public mobile you have two accounts

One is your selfserve account, the login is to email that you signed up with when you were activating your sim card.

The other is the community account and the login is Walt. It's good idea to keep both emails the same but it is not must (it is actually impossible if you have more than one active sim with public mobile)

When you try to contact c customer support (moderators) you are using community very public account, not with them you will discuss your phone (selfserve) account and you will have to authenticate to show them that you are indeed the account holder. 

If you contact them through Simon https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ you will do that authentication before sending them the message.

But if you have issues logging into your account and don't have access to your sms then your only option is to contact them directly through https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

In that case they will give you alternative options to prove the ownership of the account.

In either case watch for the little envelope on top right corner because this is where the reply will arrive

@Walt , your username is usually the email address that you used to sign up. If you can find the welcome email from PM. The email address it was sent to is your username. To clarify @kselmak to use Textnow and hangouts. WiFi is required. 

@kselmak wrote:

Incoming minutes are not booked at all

Or you can install TextNow or hangouts and call for free. Let me know if you need help setting it up and I'll be happy to walk you through it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

All the incoming minutes are unlimited on all new public mobile plans, no matter where the call comes from

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Incoming minutes are not billed at all

Need Help? Let's chat.