cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or text service today

pjmac177
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have $15. plan and for most of the day today, I got a message that Public Mobile is not available.  Can't call or text.  Anything I should be doing--I've tried all the ususal stuff (checked airplane mode, checked carriers, etc). Even turned th phone off/on.

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjmac177 wrote:

Hi....

Re your advice to get a new SIM card, I did that but how do I activate a new SIM on existing account??

Thanks

The Change SIM function in the self-serve. Make absolutely certain that you're transcribing the number right. It's 19 digits and no letters. Look at it again. 🙂

Edit: ninja'd twice over 🙂

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

@pjmac177 wrote:

Hi....

Re your advice to get a new SIM card, I did that but how do I activate a new SIM on existing account??

Thanks

@pjmac177  No, just login and select the change sim card option.

pjmac177

Hi....

Thanks

pjmac177

Thanks  geopublic Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I may give your idea a try before I run out to get a new SIM card.

Relieved it is not the phone anyway.

Either way, help much appreciated.

pjmac177

Yes, you understand it correctly.

Eraser is no joy  either.

Thanks again for the help

@pjmac177 wrote:

Well....it works like it should. Didn't check everything, but text works and it says it is connected to Public Mobile

Both Samsung S5 (ancient, I guess)

@pjmac177  The issue is your account not your phone. You need to notify PM to get it fixed.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

@pjmac177So what I am hearing is your wife's SIM card works on both phones but only your SIM card doesn't work? The easiest and quickest way is to go out and buy a new SIM card and activate that sim card via your selfserve. You wil be out $10...  The second / longer way is to message the moderators and see if they will send you a new SIM card for free YMMV.. just note it will take quite a while a few days and your phone will be out of action in the mean time.

Oh have you tried the erase trick.. use a pencil eraser.. clean the contacts on the SIM card and reinsert the SIM card.

pjmac177

Well....it works like it should. Didn't check everything, but text works and it says it is connected to Public Mobile

Both Samsung S5 (ancient, I guess)

@pjmac177What happens when you put your SIM into your wife's phone?

What phone model are you talking about?

pjmac177

soooo.....works fine with wife's SIM.

Could my phone be hacked??  or broken??

pjmac177

No change at all.

I'll try my wife's SIM....she is in bed now anyway!!!

@pjmac177 wrote:

OK, I try that.  I did that already but did not wait 30 seconds.

Hopefully it will work. 

pjmac177

OK, I try that.  I did that already but did not wait 30 seconds.

pjmac177

Yeah....checked that.  I have about 70 minutes left and 12 days

@pjmac177 wrote:

Answers to questions  From RobertQc  Mayor / Maire

Are you connected to the network?  no.

Does it say emergency calls only?  Yes

Is data working?  No

Where do you see that message?   Only message is    "Selected Network (public Mobile) not available".  Phone says emergency calls only.

Try turn off your phone, waiting 30 seconds or more, then restart your phone. 

@pjmac177 wrote:

Yeah....thanks for the replys everyone.

Account is active.  I will try changing out SIMs (if my wife will let me Smiley Happy).  Hers works fine in the  same house but she is on $35. plan --if that makes a difference.

I did try most of the tricks you mention.  Internet works fine--just text and phone not working.

I'll take your advice and let things sit for awhile and see what happens.  Just thought I'd check to see if others were having similar problems.

Did you check your account about any minutes left? You probably use all the 100 minutes.

pjmac177

Answers to questions  From RobertQc  Mayor / Maire

Are you connected to the network?  no.

Does it say emergency calls only?  Yes

Is data working?  No

Where do you see that message?   Only message is    "Selected Network (public Mobile) not available".  Phone says emergency calls only.

pjmac177

Yeah....thanks for the replys everyone.

Account is active.  I will try changing out SIMs (if my wife will let me Smiley Happy).  Hers works fine in the  same house but she is on $35. plan --if that makes a difference.

I did try most of the tricks you mention.  Internet works fine--just text and phone not working.

I'll take your advice and let things sit for awhile and see what happens.  Just thought I'd check to see if others were having similar problems.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@pjmac177Just want to rule out a phone problem, do you have another phone you can swap SIMs with?

If you rule out a hardware problem.. then it might be with Public service itself.. Try a few tricks that is listed by @Anonymous here. It is better to let it sit for a while and restart the phone to wait for the instructions to be pushed from network to tower to phone.

Lastly if all doesn't work contact the moderators by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right hand corner with the receipient @CS_Agent 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@pjmac177 wrote:

I have $15. plan and for most of the day today, I got a message that Public Mobile is not available.  Can't call or text.  Anything I should be doing--I've tried all the ususal stuff (checked airplane mode, checked carriers, etc). Even turned th phone off/on.

What is your account status?

Are you connected to the network? Does it say emergency calls only? Is data working? Where do you see that message?

Need Help? Let's chat.