cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one can call me!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered a plan from public mobile and gave my previous number with account information to the guy to register it. Then, I had the number. I can call anyone and Caller ID says it's me. But when trying to reach the number it says this number is not on the network and it seems that the number is in the bell network. My previous provider was Fido and before that, I was with lucky which is assumed to be a spin-off of Bell or something. Anyway, it seems my number didn't get registered. I contacted moderators through private but no response as of yet. I do not know what else I can do.

6 REPLIES 6

Unbelievably poor. 

Only suggestion I have for you all stuck in this morass is to use, while waiting if your old SIM no longer works, an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Eventually all will be good, but I highly recommend you tell your friends planning to join up to NEVER EVER transfer their current phone number during activation, and to read BE PREPARED.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Exactly the same for me!

nlakhani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its been 5th day for me and its not solved. I messeged to @CS_Agent 4 days back and sending them messesges daily and its not solved yet for me.

VERY BAD DICISION TO SHIFT TO PUBLIC MOBILE 😞

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @4039037929,

From experience, that sound like porting process/delays and it usually resolve by itself less than 24hrs. Meanwhile you may also need to privately contact the moderators with your number if you've aleady chosen one together with the 4 digit number you attempted to sign up with.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hopefully it will resolve within the next few days. If not it could be a hung port and a huge headache to fix. I feel your pain as mines was stuck too.

Don't give up hope, keep on messaging the mods, eventually it will be fixed.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

disnt understand, does your old sim work? if yes use that. if not only mods can deal with it.  72+ hour wait time.  in your message to mods include your porting info.

Need Help? Let's chat.