cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new voice mail notification on my phone

voicemail
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Samsung Galaxy s7 unlocked (Sprint)

Problem: When new voice mail left I do not get any notification/indication on my phone. I can see missed call notification,check voice mail but no new voice mail indication and this is not the hardware problem I tested with Bell SIM card and received a SMS notification when new voice mail arrived.Tried everything,searched everywhere , emailed support and received this message: 

I refreshed your voicemail  

As soon as you read this, close completely your cellphone,  wait 1 to 2 min than open it again 

This should resolve the problem 

Still does not work.

12 REPLIES 12

jtd

@voicemail wrote:

I have a Voicemail app and tried enable/disable everything multiple times without success.

It is a Sprint unlocked phone and could be some software problems? 

Hi @voicemail 

Did you ever get this resolved?

I have the exact same issue, unlocked ex Sprint phone, zero voicemail notification.

Based on research on here all my setting are correct and as they should be.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

having text notification instead is better for me as well!

publicD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this same issue. If someone has found a solution please share.

Skidood

I just signed up today, coming from bell, and yes, with Public Mobile, you will not receive a text when someone has left a voicemail, like you did with Bell. . On my LG phone, there is a voicemail notifier thing but you have to swipe down from the top of the screen to see if its there.  It also provides an audible tone which is easy to miss, so I changed the sound to something that will be easier to hear.   I went into my notification options in the voicemail setup and it gives you an option to set up a notification but only gives option to call a pager...so i entered my cell number as a pager #, and now when I receive a voicemail, my phone rings. 

Not sure if I will leave it that way.....

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Is there a notification setting somewhere that is controlling/suppressing voice mail notifications?  

don't think that is the case because OP said it works with Bell VM when he tested it.  If possible, maybe OP should test with Telus/Koodo and see if it works there?

voicemail

I have a Voicemail app and tried enable/disable everything multiple times without success.

It is a Sprint unlocked phone and could be some software problems? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is there a notification setting somewhere that is controlling/suppressing voice mail notifications?  

voicemail

Set voice mail number to +16475804001 

still no notification

voicemail

Service provider: My carrier

Voice mail settings - Voice mail number: +1mycellphonenumber

I am in Toronto, Ontario. Do I need a special number not my cell phone number?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @voicemail,

Open your phone's dialer app, then tap menu >> Call Settings >> Voicemail

Make sure under Voicemail settings here, Service = My Carrier.  

Also verify under "Setup" that there is a phone number entered for Voicemail number.  If this field is blank, let us know which province you are in and we will find you the voicemail center's number to enter in this field.  

Let me know if this helps.  

FYI, we don't get an SMS like the one you mentioned for Bell.  We just get the traditional Voicemail notification in the status bar and locked screen, tapping on it dials the Voicemail center.  

voicemail

Yes it does. I can press and hold #1 and it goes to my voice mail as It should

My problem is when people call me and leave me a voice mail I do not know about it because I do not get any notifications.None. 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @voicemail

You can call your own number from your cell phone, and it will go into the voicemail setup. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.