cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection - Insert SIM card message but it is inserted and worked before

LouLou1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

Just joined public and set up without problems (about two weeks ago). Was able to send texts. Went to Halifax from NB over the weekend and started getting the following message:

- "No network connection. No signal found for mobile networks."

When I went to settings to look at the available mobile networks, get the following:

- "Insert SIM card to access network services."

Checked the SIM card and it is in the slot. 

When I try to make a call, get: "Call not sent"

I received three texts from Public when I signed up so it was working.

I am on $10 plan.

Any help appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Bcs2233

Make sure you correct data plan s is onserted rightway

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

issue is now resolved, it was a sim card issue everyone 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Bcs2233

Take your sim card out and install again and restart your phone

Bcs2233

Check your plan you might have run out of minute, if it's limited plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LouLou1 wrote:

Just to follow-up for others...

Mary I feel like a dummy.  I did not see the middle size adaptor for the sim in the welcome package. The slot was for a mid-size sim and so the sim was loose so it needed the mid-size adaptor. It's working now. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing that rather than just running away. That will be helpful for others.

LouLou1

Just to follow-up for others...

Mary I feel like a dummy.  I did not see the middle size adaptor for the sim in the welcome package. The slot was for a mid-size sim and so the sim was loose so it needed the mid-size adaptor. It's working now. Thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LouLou1 wrote:

Appreciate your help but I have hardly used the texts or calling. I'm way under the limit.

@LouLou1 texts can be sent by your phone without you knowing.  Try signing into your self-serve account.  The Overview page on which you land after signing in has a list in the lower half of your available metered services (I think it says My Add-Ons and Data or My Data and Add-ons, something like that).  If you still see your texting in there with xx / 50 used, then you're right you haven't gone over; but if you don't see a line for the texting count, then you have used them all up.  Same applies to talk minutes, if you see it, you're under, and otherwise you're out.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @LouLou1,

if you need further assistance, feel free to send us a message - we are more than happy to help 🙂 https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

LouLou1

Appreciate your help but I have hardly used the texts or calling. I'm way under the limit.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you need to purchase LD add-ons at $8 or $15 to get more calling available.  You're on a metered calling plan, and it seems you're out of minutes.

Incoming SMS is normal on this plan (unlimited incoming), but voice calls and outgoing SMS are counted.

LouLou1

Also, I started having this problem on Sunday but received a message from Public on Monday. Seems like the SIM is okay.

LouLou1

I don't have another phone. Maybe Public can do a test?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

i would try the sim in another phone and see if the issue continues.  this isolates hardware vs account/ sim issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.