cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No name on caller ID?

samgabbay
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When i call my home phone only my number is shown. How can i also put my name there so when i call people they see my name?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I suspect this may be a Telus issue rather than a PM or a prepaid issue.  I was on Telus post-paid for a dozen years (2003 through till a coule of months ago) and my name never showed up on outbound calls to landlines with Name & Number Caller ID support.  On the contrary, my mother's post-paid Fido line had sent her name since we signed her up there a couple of years ago.  [Well, technically, it shows my name since the account is under my name and I'm paying the bill--I keep meaning to call them and fix that!]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@youbme wrote:

Yes, that is a good idea @7789849803, it wouldn't hurt to put it up in the Public Labr. I wonder if there is a reason why prepaid phones don't show any caller ID info when using them to call landlines that support caller ID? It would be nice if PM offered this as feature, that could be switched on/off through self-serve. For me, I actually prefer that caller ID doesn't show up my name, just phone number.

Same here. Also, only some devices are capable of alphanumeric caller ID.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, that is a good idea @7789849803, it wouldn't hurt to put it up in the Public Labr. I wonder if there is a reason why prepaid phones don't show any caller ID info when using them to call landlines that support caller ID? It would be nice if PM offered this as feature, that could be switched on/off through self-serve. For me, I actually prefer that caller ID doesn't show up my name, just phone number.

Was wondering the same the other day. Name doesn't show up.

Mayor / Maire

@samgabbay You're welcome to put this as a suggestion on the Public Lab. I don't think PM currently supports name in alphanumeric caller ID.

So likely there are no names attached to PM phone numbers and "caller id" only works if your friends' phones can recognize you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

samgabbay
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Were speaking caller ID on other phones 

I only get "caller id" for people in my contacts list.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@samgabbay,  in my experience caller ID never worked properly with prepaid phones (I've had several in the past).

Maybe someone else can confirm if there is a way to get it working.

Need Help? Let's chat.