cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data on my LG G4

Nelp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Added APN settings based on forum post. Rebooted phone. What am I missing?
10 REPLIES 10

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nelp glad to see your issue was resolved.  I've had both the G3 and G5 and I've never had an issue, maybe I had luck on my side.  Hopefully you don't experience any other issues.

dna2016

Wow @srlawren really?  I guess I lucked out big time, my last 2 phones were both the G3 and the G5 and I've had no issues.  "Knock on wood" I hope this string of good luck continues for meSmiley Very Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@echf it's for reasons such as this, along with a general dislike of their aesthetic design and their particular Android customizations that I'm not a fan of LG phones in general.  The G5 was a bit intruiging and I applaud them in taking a risk of trying out modular design (which they have now abandoned in the G6 apparently), but they definitely got outclassed there by Moto with their new Z series BY FAR. 

Had the OnePlus 3 not been so compelling in the value-for-the-$ and ticked virtually all of the right boxes for me, I probbly would have wound up with a Moto Z Play.  But they are a lot more, and that's before picking up any Moto Mods.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What a joke! They don't do any quality control before they release the software? 

One of my friend got 4 brand new LG G5 in 3 months, 3 of those have all different kinds of problem.

@srlawren wrote:

@McLaren the issue is not limited to PM--it affects some G models (I've heard of G4 and G5 for sure, and I think some G3) when changing from one provider/carrier to another.  What an annoying bug!

Lol, the dreaded carrier device disease.  I have a LG GPad II that exhibited a weird behavior until a SIM card was placed in the tablet and network connection was successfully made the first time.  The screen brightness would switch back to 100% brightness.  How was this odd behavior linked to the need to connect to a wireless network at least one time.  

srlawren

@McLaren the issue is not limited to PM--it affects some G models (I've heard of G4 and G5 for sure, and I think some G3) when changing from one provider/carrier to another.  What an annoying bug!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hey @Nelp,

Go back to the APN settings and enter APN type = default,mms,supl

Save changes and test if you have data.

From the mobile network settings, do a manual search for networks and tap on Public Mobile LTE.  

As mentioned above, Factory reset solves this well-known issue.  If you have to go that route, do use the LG Backup app to save a backup of your apps/data first.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nelp wrote:
Added APN settings based on forum post. Rebooted phone. What am I missing?

I just came over from reading through some RFD posts and someone there was asking the same of their LG G4.  You are not that same person?  Anyway, that seems strange.  I assume you have connection to the network, but no cellular data.  The obvious checks are APN, enable mobile data, preferred network type set to LTE preferred.  Is this a recent issue or you have never been able to connect to PM with this phone?  This site has some tips on how to reset the network settings.  Maybe some of these tips may work for you.  This is a little less brute force than a factory reset.

http://www.thecellguide.com/lgnodata.php

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

There seems to be some issues with the G4. seems like the solution could be a factory reset. Make sure to back up all your info. here is a similar case 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/LG-G4-not-connected-to-cellular-data/t...

McLaren

You'll most likely have to do a factory reset.  It's a known problem with G4s on public 

Need Help? Let's chat.