cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming texts

AdrianaF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I have just transferred my number from Koodo. Everything was fine except for the incoming texts. I am able to make and receive calls using my old phone number and send texts. But I am unable to receive texts. I have already made a reset, turned off the phone, changed manually the network operator and I took out the SIM card and put it back. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem? Thank you in advance!

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

I'm collecting feedback on how I performed in our last interaction.

Help me, take my quick survey:

https://bit.ly/2VeCFi8

Won't take more than 3 minutes to complete.

Cheers,

Gilberto.
Public Mobile Moderator Team.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there! 

I've been following up on your account, however after 24 hours with no response I'm required to close the case. 

If you need further assistance don't hesitate to get in touch! 

All the best,

Gilberto.
Public Mobile Moderator Team.

AdrianaF

Thank you all for your help.

This afternoon the problem was solved by itself. I started receiving incoming texts (as well as my son’s phone).

AdrianaF

Thank you for your answer, @geopublic. I tried but it didn’t work. To make things worse, my son’s cell phone (a new Galaxy A11, which had never had a SIM card before) was ported one hour after mine and isn’t able to receive texts.

@AdrianaF  If your usage shows the text coming in then go into your settings Apps select your messaging App select to clear your cache and then select force close. Restart your device to see if the texts start coming in.

AdrianaF

No. It’s a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. And one interesting thing is that when I check my “usage history” I can see that the texts were received by PM. But even though I can’t see them in my cell phone.A4F47DB4-6401-40DD-ABAC-1F732DFF2C98.jpeg

@AdrianaF are you using an iPhone? if you are, you probably have to set up your imessage

AdrianaF

Thank you gpixel4. I will wait until tomorrow and check if it is working correctly.

@AdrianaF it's still a little early but if you still can't receive texts then message customer support mods here

type "port troubleshooting 1/3"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

AdrianaF

I don’t have it anymore. Once I saw that I was able to make and receive calls with PM I assumed the transfer was successful and discarded my Koodo SIM card.

AdrianaF

Exactly 3 hours.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AdrianaF  Insert your Koodo sim card does it still work? If yes, just continue to use it until it stops working. Once that happens then you can start using your PM sim card.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AdrianaF hi it takes about 2-3 hours for the port to complete. how long has it been since porting?

usually when the port is complete you will receive a text confirming the successful port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.