cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls or texts. And can not get activation code for whatsapp or Uber

Rahdigga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently activated a new sim and got a new PM number. I am not receiving texts or calls. My data works fine. But can’t receive activation codes from whatsapp or Uber. I contacted the moderator and no reply as of yet. 

13 REPLIES 13

@k40569 wrote:

i'm having exactly same problem. if i call the number from another phone, my previous provider rings, PM phone doesn't

@k40569  If you are porting your number from your previous provider then that is normal until the port completes. You will receive a text from PM when the port is 100% complete. 

k40569
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i'm having exactly same problem. if i call the number from another phone, my previous provider rings, PM phone doesn't

Rahdigga

I will try this and see what happens 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rahdigga wrote:

I recently activated a new sim and got a new PM number. I am not receiving texts or calls. My data works fine. But can’t receive activation codes from whatsapp or Uber. I contacted the moderator and no reply as of yet. 

@Rahdigga  What happens when you call your number from another phone? Check your selfserve Plan & add-ons does it show the correct number or is it different? If it is, then that is your number.

Rahdigga

5F44B2DF-A063-403C-A66E-EAF0098116B8.png

Rahdigga

99D36B29-6AE6-4403-8B6D-1D04A5BC2396.png

I don’t see that option 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rahdigga wrote:

What is the make/model/submodel of the phone?

You might be set to LTE only. Check your network connections.

No phone offers LTE only mode.  It is always LTE preferred recognizing that many carriers run phone calls on 3G.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rahdigga, it is possible that there is an account provisioning issue.  For that you would need the moderator team to investigate.  There is quite a backlog these days.  It could take up to 48 hours for a response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rahdigga wrote:

It is iPhone 6. And it is unlocked 

Settings/Mobile Data/Mobile data Options/Voice & Data - set to 3G

Rahdigga

I checked the network settings. There is only a on and off switch  for LTE settings. It was on so I turned it off. I am not very tech savvy so this is a little confusing for me.

Rahdigga

It is iPhone 6. And it is unlocked 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rahdigga wrote:

What is the make/model/submodel of the phone?

You might be set to LTE only. Check your network connections.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry didn't read well

Need Help? Let's chat.