cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls or outgoing texts

JayLue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I’m a new PM customers and also new to Canada. I bought a new SIM card on May 4th, no ported number. Outgoing calls and data work perfectly. But incoming calls are not possible. I got perfect signal but the voice says my number is not reachable. We tried it  a few times now, putted our SIM card etc. I think the number still belongs to someone else because my wife is now getting messages from my number I didn’t write, asking who this is. Also I can’t send texts. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6

@hycm53 wrote:

@JayLue wrote:

Hi! I’m a new PM customers and also new to Canada. I bought a new SIM card on May 4th, no ported number. Outgoing calls and data work perfectly. But incoming calls are not possible. I got perfect signal but the voice says my number is not reachable. We tried it  a few times now, putted our SIM card etc. I think the number still belongs to someone else because my wife is now getting messages from my number I didn’t write, asking who this is. Also I can’t send texts. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Try the lost/stolen trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

If doesn't work you may contact moderator team for your problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@hycm53, I don't know how doing the Lost/Stolen phone method would help if they have a number that is already assigned to someone else.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JayLue wrote:

@JayLue  Yes that happens sometime. The best thing to do is to notify Public Mobile. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

They might ask you to change your number if it can't be resolved.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JayLue wrote:

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues.  You will probably need a moderator to assist you, but if this is a new number and you aren't to attached to it have you considered doing a number change?  You can do this in the self serve on your own.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.  Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@JayLue wrote:

Try the lost/stolen trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

If doesn't work you may contact moderator team for your problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You may need to contact a moderator.  Welcome to PM.

Moderator can be reached at 

ChrisSJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok so to be clear, you did NOT port a number from a previous carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.