cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming caller ID

Sundoggy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No matter who calls me, whether they are in my contacts or not or have called me many times before I only ever see "Unknown". I don't care if I can't see people's names, but I would at least like to see what number is calling me. The phone is an older Huawei Y300. I have read that with other cell phone companies that Name Dispaly has to be disabled (by the cell phone company) in order to solve this problem. This feature always worked when I was with PC Mobile but has never worked with PM. Any solutions?

4 REPLIES 4

Muldersarah7989
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The same with my phone a5 2017 it show unknow and long diance and i have orangeville numebr 

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.😊

Sundoggy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought it from PC Mobile. Sounds like you found the same info as me and that I need ask PM if they can disable the name ID, will give it a try.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Sundoggy wrote:

No matter who calls me, whether they are in my contacts or not or have called me many times before I only ever see "Unknown". I don't care if I can't see people's names, but I would at least like to see what number is calling me. The phone is an older Huawei Y300. I have read that with other cell phone companies that Name Dispaly has to be disabled (by the cell phone company) in order to solve this problem. This feature always worked when I was with PC Mobile but has never worked with PM. Any solutions?

Where did you purchase this phone? Doing some digging...it appears you had to ask the provider to disable name id as it interferes with caller id. Its a known issue when using a branded phone of this model from one provider to another provider. Not sure if PM would be able to do this for you but won't hurt to ask, just send the @CS_Agent  a private message and ask them if they would be able to disable  name id on your account.

Hope that helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.