cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming call or SMS and MMS

golam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, please, some one in Public helps me out. I activated my SIM card last Tuesday night, and able to make calls, but no incoming call or SMS. All incoming calls go to my land phone

18 REPLIES 18

@Korth wrote:

CWTA page is a redirect to the CRTC page, which says:

"For mobile phones, it can take a few hours. For landline to mobile or mobile to landline, it typically takes up to 2 business days. You might also experience a disruption in service while it’s being transferred ..."

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

Wikipedia cites info (last edited 2016 and 2018) that the CRTC allows LNP and MNP to take a maximum of 10 business days, although special provisions can allow them to take up to one calendar month in certain territories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_number_portability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_number_portability

Great info, Thanks!!

@Korth wrote:

(And you must restart your device before it properly recognizes a number port, of course, so probably best to restart every few hours for the first couple days and restart at least once a day afterwards.)

I do not believe that this is necessarily true in all cases. I've ported a few numbers into Public Mobile and a device restarted was not required.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

(And you must restart your device before it properly recognizes a number port, of course, so probably best to restart every few hours for the first couple days and restart at least once a day afterwards.)

Korth
Mayor / Maire

CWTA page is a redirect to the CRTC page, which says:

"For mobile phones, it can take a few hours. For landline to mobile or mobile to landline, it typically takes up to 2 business days. You might also experience a disruption in service while it’s being transferred ..."

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

Wikipedia cites info (last edited 2016 and 2018) that the CRTC allows LNP and MNP to take a maximum of 10 business days, although special provisions can allow them to take up to one calendar month in certain territories. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_number_portability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_number_portability

golam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thnx, my problem is solved it’s been 3 days

chintan12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just check if you haven't activated call forwarding setting.. or

sometimes when you activating they asked you to provide alternate phone number (which I am guessing, you might gave your land number) which can be used to connect if something goes wrong in activation. 

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

So there is still a little ambiguity about the length of time but we can give pretty definitive answers now.

Yeah, now we can say, "If you're porting a landline, it should be done within two business days, but it could be as long as........ I dunno." 😉 

@CannonFodderLol....ok it means if it's not done in two business days then contact a moderator or call the telus porting department......

@darlicious wrote:

So there is still a little ambiguity about the length of time but we can give pretty definitive answers now.

Yeah, now we can say, "If you're porting a landline, it should be done within two business days, but it could be as long as........ I dunno." 😉 

@computergeek541  Thanks for supplying the link.

@CannonFodder  To answer your question :

9. How long does it take for my new service to be activated?

If you are transferring your phone number from one wireless service provider to another wireless service provider, your new voice service should be activated within 2.5 business hours. If you are transferring a wireline number to a wireless service provider, or vice versa, the service should be activated within two business days.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@mimmo  Did that information in the help pages change recently? It was to my understanding that most landline phone numbers being ported in can be completed within 72 hours but can on occasion take up to 2 weeks to complete.

That's why I asked about it earlier, because I've seen 2 weeks mentioned several times on these forums, but then this thread came along, and we're getting conflicting info.

The CWTA says 2 business days. https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#9

@darlicious wrote:

@mimmo  Did that information in the help pages change recently? It was to my understanding that most landline phone numbers being ported in can be completed within 72 hours but can on occasion take up to 2 weeks to complete.

That's why I asked about it earlier, because I've seen 2 weeks mentioned several times on these forums, but then this thread came along, and we're getting conflicting info.

@golam  From what the help pages are saying your port should have been completed by now. Submit a ticket via simon to the moderators so they can complete the port for you. If access to your pm account is not necessary to fix it and you need full services you may be able to speed up the process by calling the telus porting department  and have them complete it. If account access is needed they will at least be able to give you a status report while you wait to be contacted by a moderator.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@scorpio17   I just confirmed on the get help pages

When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have not seen any real rules about that. I think, usually, it takes couple days.

@CannonFodder wrote:

Ok then, it seems like some further clarification is in order here - this thread has four replies about porting a landline, two of which say it takes about a week to complete, and two that say it can take up to two weeks! Does anybody KNOW the correct answer here, and if so, would you kindly let us all know.

Ok then, it seems like some further clarification is in order here - this thread has four replies about porting a landline, two of which say it takes about a week to complete, and two that say it can take up to two weeks! Does anybody KNOW the correct answer here, and if so, would you kindly let us all know.

popping

@golam wrote:

Hi, please, some one in Public helps me out. I activated my SIM card last Tuesday night, and able to make calls, but no incoming call or SMS. All incoming calls go to my land phone

Did you port you landline number to PM?

If yes, porting landline number will take about 1 week to complete.  It is up to your landline provider to release your landline number to PM.  You will continue to get yout incoming calls to your landline until your landline provider release your number to PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@golam  Did you port you landline to Public Mobile? If yes landline ports can take up to two weeks to complete. You won't be able to receive calls or texts until your port is 100% complete so you need to be patient.

mimmo

Landline ports can take upto a week to complete.

Edit : When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days

Are you sure you provided the correct porting info account name and account number?

Need Help? Let's chat.