cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Esperanca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no data . My data starts on the first of the month. On June 4th I got a notification that I used 75% of my data . Then on June 5th it stopped working . I have 5 Gigs of data . I didn’t use it all yet it’s not working . Why is that?

thanks 😊

Esperanca

13 REPLIES 13

@sojos99 

Follow @softech instructions to contact the moderators. Explain the error and they will remove the extra data add on and credit the funds back to your account.

You should consider in the future just purchasing the $15/1gb add on. They are a one time purchase that doesn't expire. So its more money up front but much better value. 5×$5/200mb =$25/1gb vs $15/1gb It will just stay on your account until you need to use it.

@sojos99  so, you only want 200Mb and not 400?  You can open a ticket with mod and explain the situation.  Mod will likely able to do something about it.

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sojos99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, thanks for replying. I did restarted right after that happened and it had said the same thing. I checked not too long ago and it updated now it is 400mb. Which I did not want to put  in right away. Since I use Wifi I don't use too much data & try to manage little at a time. I did not want to use all the small amount of money left over in the account. Because of some glitch Public Mobile withdrew more money than I intended.

@sojos99 

Try rebooting your phone and call 611 and see what it says.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sojos99 wrote:

Hello, I need help I bought 200mb of data on the phone (611) as usual but this time when I choose 1 to buy lt, I heard my money was 10$ now 5$ but no data. I tried again because I thought it was a mistake and now says I have no money and no data. What's going on. Public took my data money twice in one call but no data.

Can you log into self service and look at My Data & Add-Ons and see if the data is listed.

sojos99

Hello, I need help I bought 200mb of data on the phone (611) as usual but this time when I choose 1 to buy lt, I heard my money was 10$ now 5$ but no data. I tried again because I thought it was a mistake and now says I have no money and no data. What's going on. Public took my data money twice in one call but no data.

@Esperanca 

All great advice so far and if it applies you have an explanation for your data usage and some suggestions for monitoring and conserving your data usage.

I will also add you should set your data usage dates to coincide with your 30 day plan calendar dates. Enable your data saver, and data warning and data limter. I recommend your warning at 25% and your limiter at 50% of your plan data. This way if an app goes crazy or you disconnect from wifi un-noticed you will get a heads up warning and even if you miss that at least your data will just stop at the halfway mark before you get the 75%;and 95% warning texts from pm.

Note: Public mobile sends these texts based on your total data. If you have data add ons you must take this into context when getting these warnings which is why using your phone's data warning and limiter are very important.

Saying all this if you still have most of your plan data remaining in your account then the data warning texts from pm sometimes get sent out in error so then you can just ignore it after checking your account's data counter.

If you are still questioning your data usage after checking your phone's data usage and if it doesn't "add up" to using anything close to 5gb log into your account and go to your daily usage pages. Your data is updated in two 12 hour blocks daily. Go to the first day of your renewal and add up each days usage blocks up until the last update. Does it come close to 5gb? If it is far short of that amount it is entirely likely that your plan data did not reset upon renewal. (This is a good reason to check and take screenshots of your overview page before and after renewal.) If you feel that this has happened to your plan data then contact the moderators to check your usage history and ask them to reset your data counter in your account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Esperanca 

I am surprised you used 5gb of data in 4 days. You must be streaming a lot. You should set your phone to automatic wifi connection when you are at home and also signup to automatic connection to free wifi in areas with ShawGo wifi or #Telus.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Esperanca wrote:

I have no data . My data starts on the first of the month. On June 4th I got a notification that I used 75% of my data . Then on June 5th it stopped working . I have 5 Gigs of data . I didn’t use it all yet it’s not working . Why is that?

thanks 😊

Esperanca

@Esperanca 

Do you see your 5GB data line item under your Overview TAB in your Self Serve account? If not, then it is all used up.

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

When was your last plan renewal date?

Was this notification used of 75% of your data a text from Public Mobile OR a notice from your device? Phones can be set up to notify you of data reaching limits also...which may not match your actual plan, since the start date must match.

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me exactly what I need from it.

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Esperanca You can go back to "My Account" to check on the usage and have a better look on what's going on your data usage.

Here is the tips from the moderator:

It is important to bring to your attention that the information displayed in the usage section, comes directly from our towers. If there is usage registered, it means that at some point the phone did connect to our network for data.

In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data. 

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone. 

Esperanca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much ! I will do this 

pkara01

You can check your usage in my account tab.

for now on best option is that you try an app like "Data manager" to keep a tab on data used. This app gives me options to send me notifications on daily limit and monthly data usage. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Esperanca   did you logon the Self-Serve?

Did Self-Server confirmed that your current cycle really started the first of this month?  PM runs on a 30 days cycle and the first day keeps changing

On Self-Serve the overview page, it should show you how much data you used and how much is the monthly quota... did it confirm that you used them all?

If you don't see a line like this.. then you really have used them up

Then you can go to the usage history and check the Web data, you can add up from the first day of the cycle to see if you have really used 5GB

Need Help? Let's chat.