cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data service

ihatethis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i bought a public mobile sim few weeks ago  on sep 5, all was perfect, i run out of data 1 week ago, so i purchased a voucher to get more data but so far i dont have any data ...i used 4.5gb before 30 days.. do i have to wait until oct 5 to get it or what.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chanah wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, there's also an 8 gig plan - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

That might solve the problem.

@Chanah oh, yeah of course.  That's the best choice!  I was looking in the "build your own plan" tool and didn't see anything larger than 6.5 but I forgot to check the preconfigured plans.  Nice catch!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unless I'm mistaken, there's also an 8 gig plan - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

That might solve the problem.

clemkay

My base plan has no data plan but I bought 1GB data as add-on but my internet is not working.

What should I do to activate the internet service on my phone?

help please

srlawren

Here's the problem:  if you're blowing through 4.5GB in approx 2 weeks, the 4.5GB plan is not the right plan for you.  It's going to be a hassle and/or expensive to keep that level of data flowing by either buying add-ons or renewing early.  If this is your normal sustained pace of date usage, you're on track for around 9GB a month.  You could step up to the largest plan at PM which is 30 days 6.5GB (with the same texting and Canada-wide calling) for $50 but that still only covers approx 72% of the 9 GB you're on track to use.  You may want to shop around at other carriers for a larger data plan, or consider ways to reduce your mobile data usage.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ihatethis

It would be cheaper to get moderator to renew your plan earlier, but you will need to wait about 2 days for moderator to respond to your request.  If you need data right away, buying the $30 1GB add on would work immediately.  Just expensive, but the unused data in the 1GB add on will roll over to the next month.  

@NDesai wrote:

@ihatethis wrote:

i didnt buy data add-on, the guy at the store just sold me 4.5gb for 40 dollars, so when i went there again , he sold me a 40 usd voucher, so what i think now is that he didnt sell me any plan , he just sold me a voucher wich adds founds to the account.

Yes, he sold you a prepaid balance (voucher code) that you needs to be redeemed on your self-serve account. You can use that to either renew early (by contacting mods) or use that to purchase data add-on (i.e. $30 1GB).

Or, third option with adding more funds, do an immediate plan change to a higher GB data plan if this is your normal usage pattern and you have made sure that there aren't any data leaks from app background use, WiFI assist or multiple speed tests.

mimmo

You can also change plan to a different plan then futuredate the plan you originally had instead of waiting for mods to reply

@ihatethis wrote:

i didnt buy data add-on, the guy at the store just sold me 4.5gb for 40 dollars, so when i went there again , he sold me a 40 usd voucher, so what i think now is that he didnt sell me any plan , he just sold me a voucher wich adds founds to the account.

Yes, he sold you a prepaid balance (voucher code) that you needs to be redeemed on your self-serve account. You can use that to either renew early (by contacting mods) or use that to purchase data add-on (i.e. $30 1GB).

ihatethis

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ihatethis wrote:

i bought a public mobile sim few weeks ago  on sep 5, all was perfect, i run out of data 1 week ago, so i purchased a voucher to get more data but so far i dont have any data ...i used 4.5gb before 30 days.. do i have to wait until oct 5 to get it or what.

Did you buy a data add-on? If so then restart your phone. Also, if you think you did then did you do the 2 steps of purchasing an add-on? 1. Put money into Available Funds. 2. Buy the add-on.

Otherwise, yes. This is a pre-paid service. You pay, you get. You don't pay, you don't get. No surprises.

Need Help? Let's chat.