cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data plan-will I be able to use Picture Messaging?

BRCD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I just get the Talk and Text plan(NO DATA) will I be able to send and receive pictures through text messaging. Currently with Koodo I have to turn on my data for a few seconds everytime I want to receive or send a picture through texting. Pain as I constantly having to call and complain to get charges reversed for data useage.

7 REPLIES 7

David01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The nice thing about prepaid is that turning data on when you don’t have any included, won’t incur extra charges, so it will only use the data necessary to complete the sending of your MMS. If you have picture messaging included in your plan, the data use for it is free of charge 😀 Unlike post-paid plans which will incur unwanted data usage the second anything comes in. 

BRCD

Got it, Thanks

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @BRCD,

To add to the above, although you do not have a data plan, you will still need your data to be turned on, on your phone, for MMS to work.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@BRCD what you wrote right here; LEAVE DATA ON even if just a talk & text plan

Disabling it can cause all kinds of weirdness in MMS not sending

This is an Android (and to lesser extent Apple) issue, not a carrier issue

Public Mobile is a prepay system so you will never incur extra charges

@BRCD wrote:

If I just get the Talk and Text plan(NO DATA) will I be able to send and receive pictures through text messaging. Currently with Koodo I have to turn on my data for a few seconds everytime I want to receive or send a picture through texting. Pain as I constantly having to call and complain to get charges reversed for data useage.

BRCD

Good, yes understood in Canada. Thanks for your help.

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BRCD its will only work when you in canada but when you will be is the usa with rooming addon you will have to buy also data that mms will work there

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes i have talk & text and mms also work

Need Help? Let's chat.