cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection

Jvmah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought. A $10 public Mobile SIM card 

I followed all the instructions and now my account is active. my new Motorola G6 play cell phone does not recognize that there is a SIM card or a network. I have been trying for 4 days now. I went to a kiosk where I bought my SIM card and they checked my phone and don't understand why it's not working. Apparently everything in my account is in order. 

8 REPLIES 8

Jvmah

There was a technical inconsistency and the tech team addressed my issues. Now all is running smoothly.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like maybe there is an issue with the sim card.

Jvmah

@Lowufo wrote:

Do you have another phone to try the sim card in to rule out it is the phone?

I don't believe it's my phone because my Telus SIM card from another phone works with my Motorola phone

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have another phone to try the sim card in to rule out it is the phone?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Not recognizing that there is a SIM card in the phone is different than not being able to connect.  Not recognizing the presence of a SIM card suggests phone hardware issue.  Sometimes reseating the SIM card can alleviate the problem.  Not being able to connect to the network suggests possible phone compatibility issues.

@Jvmah  also if all else fails reset the phone to factory settings 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure your phone is unlocked and compatiable with PM.  Did you check the willmyphonework.net website?

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have.  Also try adding a $1 payment.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Jvmah wrote:

I bought. A $10 public Mobile SIM card 

I followed all the instructions and now my account is active. my new Motorola G6 play cell phone does not recognize that there is a SIM card or a network. I have been trying for 4 days now. I went to a kiosk where I bought my SIM card and they checked my phone and don't understand why it's not working. Apparently everything in my account is in order. 

Have you tried restarting your phoine? Resetting network? if that doesn't work try this,

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.