cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 'cellular' tab under settings on my iPhone 8

palomah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!  Just switched to Public from Rogers and the setup was going great until I got to the point when I had to enter my data info into my iPhone 8.  I have no 'cellular' tab.  I have tried restarts and reloading updates and nothing makes the tab reappear.

I have read it can be your carrier that locks it.  My husband's phone is still on Rogers and has the 'cellular' tab on his phone. 

Has anyone experienced this or know why this would happen?  I get a LTE message on the top of my phone and part of me is wondering if Public locked my cellular option and automatically connected?  Help!

6 REPLIES 6

@palomah sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@palomah wrote:

I've tried the network reset and still no cellular tab.  It shows 'Public Mobile LTE' at the top of my phone.  SO confused

1.  Check your iPhone for update with PM SIM card inserted.  It will update to use PM specific configuration.

2.  Restart your iPhone 8 after update.

Check the following post on everything you need to know about iPhone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@palomah Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. 

reset network settings on your iPhone 8/ Plus
  1. Tap Settings to open the app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap Reset.
  4. Select the option to Reset Network Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the device password.
  6. Confirm action.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@palomah wrote:

Hi!  Just switched to Public from Rogers and the setup was going great until I got to the point when I had to enter my data info into my iPhone 8.  I have no 'cellular' tab.  I have tried restarts and reloading updates and nothing makes the tab reappear.

I have read it can be your carrier that locks it.  My husband's phone is still on Rogers and has the 'cellular' tab on his phone. 

Has anyone experienced this or know why this would happen?  I get a LTE message on the top of my phone and part of me is wondering if Public locked my cellular option and automatically connected?  Help!

@palomah hi Public can't lock anything on your phone try a network reset does anything work? if not your phone is probably still locked to rogers

palomah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried the network reset and still no cellular tab.  It shows 'Public Mobile LTE' at the top of my phone.  SO confused

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@palomah 

Is your phone locked to Roger's service?

Maybe try a network reset in your General Settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.