Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call or text, only data

PeterAlberto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have the $25 plan. Using lg g6 phone

Registered SIM with port request yesterday afternoon locally through vendor store near me, I was able to call out but not receive calls. Goes to old voicemail. The call display shows my phone number  

Concerned provision did not go through, I've reset my phone, reset airplane mode , noticed that the cell data APN was automatically created in my settings.

Would appreciate looking into this, I am currently without phone with hectic schedule  

I was given unlock codes for the phone  but was not presented with any opportunity to use them.

8 REPLIES 8

Chassech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This may seem like a silly question but did you insert your Activated SIM card into the phone?

(help ticket link experiment removed)

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

To create a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment box in the bottom right. Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better.SIMON

Answer his questions until you get to here:Create a support ticket

Click on Submit a ticket and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi @PeterAlberto   If it has been more than 4 hours I would imagine you have a failed port.   you need to resubmit your porting information.  you need the name and account number on your old account exatly as on the bill.

you could use your old sim while you wait.

to get help I woudl use the SIMon (the questionark at the bottom of your screen), unforuntalty you will need to ask your question again and wait till it tells you to ou need to contact mods via a form. this process is a little faster than sending a private message, as if verifies your account info and provides you with a aticket number..

@Alan_K  this is a prime example of why we need a direct support  form.

Yes it's probably stuck but we solved it by entering the unlocking code. It slowed the port down by about six hours...overnight anyhow. Figure out how to put your code in...that should solve the problem. Likely faster than talking to a moderator but go to Simon and start a ticket. That's about all he's good at.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like your port was stuck.  Contact a moderator for assistance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Made that mistake the other day but it was an older Samsung.. not totally sure how it works on yours....what kind of phone is It? Maybe one the more tech savvy members can advise.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

It should have come up on your phone have you turned it off and back on again ? It should be on your screen when you power on. Enter your code. You've only partially ported. Then it can take a few more hours to finish.

Need Help? Let's chat.