cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Talk ON $10 Plan

housewife
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased $10  30 day Canada Wide Text/Talk Plan. A Public Mobile recording comes on when making a call saying I have no talking on my plan. What gives?

9 REPLIES 9

@housewife wrote:

It is not internnational calls. And I have not used up my minutes. This I found myself. My problem is the number 1 has to be used all the time, whether local or long distance call. Then the calls go through.

That is interesting, but 1 or no one should make no difference in the calling going through, but rather just how long it takes to make the call.

If a call is outside of the old-style local calling areas (which Public Mobile doesn't even use), what is supposed to happen is that you hear a recording saying "long distance charges may apply", but then the call should then should proceed after saying something similar to "connecting your call".

All dialing the 1 or +1 should be doing is eliminating that delay in the dialing the number and making it so that you don't have to listen to that message.  The calls are still supposed to go through find with or without the 1.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MoreYummy wrote:

What area are you trying to call, 1 is only for long distance.

I found this to be a problem when you are outside your home areacode. The plan has unlimited Canada wide calling but the system isn’t smart enough, so you need to add a 1 in front of your numbers. I just end up editing all the contacts so they all have +1 in front so they all work no matter where I am.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

that's weird, I do not have the issue of needing the 1

What area are you trying to call, 1 is only for long distance.

housewife

It is not internnational calls. And I have not used up my minutes. This I found myself. My problem is the number 1 has to be used all the time, whether local or long distance call. Then the calls go through.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@housewife have you already used up your 50 minutes for the month? Are you trying to call an international number?

LEGO

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number, and PIN.
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

housewife

My phone is a Samsung S7. I shut it down, pulled out the sim, then reinstalled sim. Started it up again and it is still the same.

LEGO

Try to reboot your phone...

Need Help? Let's chat.