cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim

Mlinfield
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having a Sim card issue. I reviewed my card yesterday and just activated my public mobile card today. I’ve put in the correct information, I’ve have taken my SIM card out and put it back in, restarted my phone and still no luck with it working. My phone is unlocked I called my old mobile carry to make sure it was. My phone keeps saying No SIM. How can I fix this issue? 

10 REPLIES 10

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mlinfield wrote:

My phone recognized my old Telus SIM card, so it must be a defective PM SIM card. Now what can I return the card or just order another to replace it? 

Just order a new one and login into your account and select change your SIM. You should also send a private message to the @CS_Agent describe your situation and hopefully they can issue a refund.

Mlinfield

My phone recognized my old Telus SIM card, so it must be a defective PM SIM card. Now what can I return the card or just order another to replace it? 

Mlinfield

The phone is unlocked . I callled TELUS to ensure that it was unlocked. 

@Mlinfield First, make sure your phone is unlocked. Second, if there are Dual SIM on your phone, you need to enable them. 

sandpublic

@Mlinfield wrote:

My previous provider was TELUS and the phone was purchased in Canada. 

If you put the old Telus SIM card in the phone does it say NO SIM? If the answer is yes, then there is an issue with your phone's SIM Tray or your phone. If the SIM is recognized then you have a bad PM SIM card.

Mlinfield

My previous provider was TELUS and the phone was purchased in Canada. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mlinfield was your previous provider Rogers/Fido/Chatr?  If so, did you get your phone from them, or did you import it from overseas?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mlinfield wrote:

I'm having a Sim card issue. I reviewed my card yesterday and just activated my public mobile card today. I’ve put in the correct information, I’ve have taken my SIM card out and put it back in, restarted my phone and still no luck with it working. My phone is unlocked I called my old mobile carry to make sure it was. My phone keeps saying No SIM. How can I fix this issue? 

Searching this forum for that error, I found the following...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-Sim-Problem/m-p/303961#M23200

You can also try inserting the SIM in another phone to see if it works.

jasmsing

May be you entered the wrong sim card number, that can be one reason as well why it is still not activated. but i would suggest you to first check sim card in another phone.

sandpublic

@Mlinfield wrote:

If it's saying No SIM it means you phone is not detecting the SIM card. Is the SIM card inserted properly? Can you try inserting the SIM in another phone to determine if its a phone or a SIM issue? What's the phone make/model?

Need Help? Let's chat.