cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim Card error, can you create user account

boxone80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought the SIM card from Koodo booth, but it does not work (I see no SIM card error. I tried tree different devices.) 

I am not able to use other sim card, because I am not able to create user account. 

To create user account I need to receive verification code, but there is no way to get text message.

P.S: I already visited Koodo booth again they just told me there is nothing they can do. I have contact public mobile directly 

18 REPLIES 18

@geopublic wrote:

@boxone80 wrote:

I bought the SIM card from Koodo booth, but it does not work (I see no SIM card error. I tried tree different devices.) 

I am not able to use other sim card, because I am not able to create user account. 

To create user account I need to receive verification code, but there is no way to get text message.

P.S: I already visited Koodo booth again they just told me there is nothing they can do. I have contact public mobile directly 

@boxone80  Use an eraser to clean the SIM contacts and see if it works. If that doesn't work then try to activate the card online click here.

@geopublic, although I love that you think this is going to work, it's highly unlikely the brand new SIM has dust or oxidation issues.

@boxone80 wrote:

I am not able to clear sim contact, because device can not detect SIM cardat all.

I already made payment for activation, so I do not want to pay extra fee.

Anyone know how to get refuned? 

I am not able to find any contact info to Public mobile... there is no phone number. or email.

No... no call center or email but private message with the moderator click here on this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain with details your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

@boxone80  

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

boxone80

I am not able to clear sim contact, because device can not detect SIM cardat all.

I already made payment for activation, so I do not want to pay extra fee.

Anyone know how to get refuned? 

I am not able to find any contact info to Public mobile... there is no phone number. or email.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@boxone80 wrote:

@boxone80  Use an eraser to clean the SIM contacts and see if it works. If that doesn't work then try to activate the card online click here.

boxone80

Oh~ ok...

boxone80

Then can you start refund process? 

@boxone80 wrote:

Can you check my SIM card is registered on the network?

No we can't ..we are customers like you and no access to your account or informations...

boxone80

Can you check my SIM card is registered on the network?

@boxone80 wrote:

Yes 

I purchased 2 Public Mobile SIMs.

One of them works well. but the other one does not wok.

Reach the moderator for help as suggested above

boxone80

Yes 

I purchased 2 Public Mobile SIMs.

One of them works well. but the other one does not wok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@boxone80 wrote:

Is the Koodo booth dis the activation for you?  

- Yes They activited for me. 

What phones did you use with PM SIM card?  

- I tried use SIM on my Pixel 3 XL, Nexus 6P , and Samsung Galaxy s10 

Are your phones unlocked?  

- yes

If a booth activated it for you, how could they possibly let you walk away without it working? What...it's not working...throw up hands and tell you to search online to figure it out for yourself? What was the actual conversation that transpired?

Do you have access to another working SIM to test your phones?

boxone80

No They just told me they are not able to do anything. 

they said I have to contact you guys through PM web site.

They did not test the SIM card when I purchase it. (I did not have my device when I purchase it)

@boxone80 wrote:

- yes

I have already read that they can test your sim in store..and in case of a bad one some places have given a new one...???

boxone80

- yes

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@boxone80  I suggest private messaging the moderator team and have them investigate.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@boxone80 wrote:

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boxone80 Yes, in case of SIM card issue, you have to wait for the Moderators to reply to your message. It may take up to 2 days to response. They may be able to send you a replaced SIM. Welcome to PM!

Need Help? Let's chat.