cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim Card After 3 weeks

Seanini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a sim card online since May 18 and it still hasn't been delivered.  How do I get my money back?

28 REPLIES 28

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I don't believe that 7 business days is all that bad.  I know that Canada Post has always claimed 4 businss day national service to major cities across the country for a standard letter, but I'll say that from my experience that it's usually 5 or 6 business days. Depending where you are in Northern Ontario, even Canada Post Xpresspost could normally be 3 business days. Add a couple of days for Public Mobile to process the order and you're getting pretty close to that 7 business days. This is all of course in normal times, which these unfortunately aren't for shipping companies. 

Im from Sudbury, about 400km away from Toronto. I mean, you have a good point but man is it ever sad that packages can move faster across the world than inside a Province, although I'm not sure when PM shipped my SIM out, who knows, maybe it was only a couple days in transit. 

@BlueB wrote:

@BearFBI 

Great to hear, and thanks for the updates!  🙂

A week to Northern Ontario sounds pretty good to me, between pandemic delays and other issues slowing everything down.  I must have missed something - did it get re-sent or something?

Nope, was the original SIM I ordered. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@BlueB Nope it took 7 buisness days, still brutally slow but hey I'm happy it's here. 

I'm in Nothern Ontario. 

I don't believe that 7 business days is all that bad.  I know that Canada Post has always claimed 4 businss day national service to major cities across the country for a standard letter, but I'll say that from my experience that it's usually 5 or 6 business days. Depending where you are in Northern Ontario, even Canada Post Xpresspost could normally be 3 business days. Add a couple of days for Public Mobile to process the order and you're getting pretty close to that 7 business days. This is all of course in normal times, which these unfortunately aren't for shipping companies. 

BlueB

@BearFBI 

Great to hear, and thanks for the updates!  🙂

A week to Northern Ontario sounds pretty good to me, between pandemic delays and other issues slowing everything down.  I must have missed something - did it get re-sent or something?

BearFBI

New activation page is clean by the way 👌

Much easier and simpler to activate, this has to my best activation experience. 

BearFBI

".. not even a  week?   C'mon, you must have pinged Catherine or Jade for putting you on the Express Lane.. LoL"

Nah the envelope got scared when it knew my package from Korea came in faster than it can move inside Ontario, It put itself in the express lane lol. 

BearFBI

@BlueB Nope it took 7 buisness days, still brutally slow but hey I'm happy it's here. 

I'm in Nothern Ontario. 

BlueB

That's great @BearFBI🙂  Thanks for letting us know.

From your post, it seems like it took 4 weeks, correct?  It's always helpful to hear different data points so we understand what the current trends are.  Are you in Ontario or another part of Canada?  That could change things too.

.. not even a  week?   C'mon, you must have pinged Catherine or Jade for putting you on the Express Lane.. LoL

BearFBI

Who hoo ! My SIM card came in.

BlueB

@darlicious wrote:

@BlueB 

...you haven't heard about how many times the bf has lost, broken, smashed, found again, lost again phones in the last 22 months. It's a lot! I believe he is on phone #8 that he has kept for a record 10 weeks now.

No matter how you wanna spin it... he's lucky you haven't given up on him!!!  😂

@Anonymous 

I just need to put a Tile in his mtb frame somewhere because he's never far from it.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm tellin' ya 🙂 Turn on the GPS and track him around. 🙂

Edit: although I've never said hitman. Not like he runs into flocks of crows all the time. 🙂

@BlueB 

Lol....you and @hTideGnow are pretty new here you haven't heard about how many times the bf has lost, broken, smashed, found again, lost again phones in the last 22 months. It's a lot! I believe he is on phone #8 that he has kept for a record 10 weeks now.

As long as he doesn't lose it he's in good shape as its a Sonim XP-8. Which he has already put through a beating but like the outdoor tech rhinos headphones (still working perfectly after10 months) that I got him the phone went a flying when he got clipped by a car on his mtb. The back of the phone and the battery scattered and by the time he got home and turned on the phone he realized the sim card had caught some air too....and was no longer in the slot. But don't don't worry 10 days after replacing that one he managed to misplace the new sim card at his brothers when he was fiddlin' around with the two sim slots!

Listen @Anonymous  has his money on him leading a double life as a mobbed up hitman tossing phones in Burrard Inlet......

BlueB

@hTideGnow wrote:

SIM is supposed to be inside the phone at all time.. how you break or lost it couple times a year?  🤣

...this is what gives men a bad reputation!!!  😋

SIM is supposed to be inside the phone at all time.. how you break or lost it couple times a year?  🤣

BlueB

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

It never hurts to have an extra sim card around. I have a good dozen as the bf alone goes thru several a year.

I'll bite... is he a dealer?  Otherwise, it would be annoying if your bf kept losing/breaking his SIM card several times a year!!!  🙂

@BearFBI 

It never hurts to have an extra sim card around. I have a good dozen as the bf alone goes thru several a year.

BearFBI

@darlicious I could but its still early. If I don't get it by next week I might do that. 

@BearFBI 

So why don't you order the $5 cards from CCS? Or better still consider their bundle offers with the free sim card? A little more cost up front but you can order them ahead of time and they honour the discount for whenever free month promo comes up from pm. You could then decide if you want to still collect the sim card regular cost and/or recover for "time and investment" from the portion of the 50% discount. It's still a win-win for your referral no matter what plan they choose to change to on the first renewal.

BearFBI

@darlicious Yeah I do. 

@BearFBI 

Do you pass on the cost of the sim card to your referrals?

BearFBI

Gah it's hopeless. I won't get my SIM in a month lol. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Seanini 

You might want to sign up for a bonus 2gb data/month PM Flash Sale with a minimum $35+ plan. The bonus data will be added as long as you are with PM.

That would be a total of 5gb data for $33 with AutoPay.

If you are looking at a lower plan $25 plan as suggested by @darlicious, can get 2nd month free service. Plus a $10 discount off your second bill with a referral code from any PM members. 😉

@Seanini 

That's a long time to wait but they have been taking up to 3 weeks. Maybe you will get it tomorrow. If you do get the refund consider ordering from Canadian Cell supplies. They usually arrive within 5 business days. Their bundle deals  come wth a free sim card. If you order the $50/10.5gb plan you get 50% off the first month. Order the the bundle but wait to activate it until after it arrives and there might be a free third month promo offered by pm by then that you can stack with the CCS bundle offer.

If you don't need that much data you can schedule a plan change to the data plan you prefer before your first renewal but you will still get the $50 credit applied to your account balance. If you change to the $25 plan its like you get 2 months for free! Don't forget to add a referral code for your $10 bonus credit.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

BlueB

@Seanini 

There have been reports of Public Mobile taking upwards of a month to have SIM cards delivered.  The system is slower to deliver mail because of the pandemic, and Public Mobile may delayed because of this too. 

You're welcome to contact the Moderators like @will13am mentioned via the SIMon chatbot (lower-right corner, chat bubble) or messaging them directly here.  Being 3 weeks in, chances are it's "in the mail" now for you.

Hope you get it soon or otherwise resolved!  🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Seanini unfortunately, ordering SIM from PM does that long.  It usually take around 3 to 4 weeks. In your case, it should arrive anytime.

Are you activating new account, try local kiosk like from Walmart or London Drugs.  If you activate with them, they might give you the SIM for free.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Seanini , please click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiate a support ticket.  

Need Help? Let's chat.