cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

arf121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased a new SIM and activated it.

I installed the SIM in two unlocked iphones and it says "no service".  I reset the network settings as suggested along with powering off the device and it is still not working.

5 REPLIES 5

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Contact the Moderator Team and ask them to look into this:

Start a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437). You’ll need to login first to your Community account for the link to work.

arf121

Are you suggesting that this is a issue for both phones?  Does everyone with a Public Mobile SIM and a Apple device have to do this when activating their SIM?

To me public mobile sent me a defective SIM

arf121

One phone I unlocked yesterday via the previous carrier, once unlocked I installed another active from a different carrier and it worked without issue.  The other phone is a new phone purchased directly from apple and I also installed the public mobile SIM in this device and the public mobile SIM does not work, but again my active SIM from the different carrier does work.

I also logged onto the public mobile webpage and went to "change SIM", re-entered the public mobile SIM number because I was worried that I incorrectly entered the number and this also did not resolve this issue.

This definitly sounds like a deffective SIM to me.

@popping wrote:

@arf121 wrote:

I installed the SIM in two unlocked iphones and it says "no service".  I reset the network settings as suggested along with powering off the device and it is still not working.

You may need to connect your iPhones to iTune running on a PC or Mac to update your iPhones with the PM specific provider file.

@arf121 

Have these iPhone devices been used at multiple carriers before? Unless that has been tried, customers really wouldn't know for sure if they were unlocked. Carriers sometimes mistakenly tell customers that phones are unlocked when they aren't. When launching iTunes, you're specifically looking for an error message about a carrier's SIM card not be supported by Apple activation policies.  I know recent models are able to perform this phone activation process within the needed for a seperate computer sytem, but using the iTunes method is universal across all iPhone models.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arf121 wrote:

You may need to connect your iPhones to iTune running on a PC or Mac to update your iPhones with the PM specific provider file.

Need Help? Let's chat.